Restoring the DX11 Test Program

  • makers1958
    Message 1 of 4 , May 2, 2010
      Hi Folks--

      As long as we seem to be in a DX11 frame of mind, I've got a slight problem, and I could use some help in solving it.

      Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that the DX11 has a RAM-based test program. Unfortunately for me, I replaced my back-up battery without first saving the memory contents (including the test program) to a cartridge (I didn't have a RAM4 at the time). The test program now in my DX11 seems to be corrupted, or at least incomplete.

      Does anyone have any ideas on how I might be able to reload a copy of the test program? I thought maybe if I could mail someone in the group a RAM4 cartridge, the generous member could do a [UTILITY] / [21] / [21] "Save ? ( all )" to my blank cartridge, and then return it back to me (in a pre-paid mailer that I'd provide). Would this work, or am I mistaken?

      What do you think?

      Thanks
    • Gregg Sheehan
      Message 2 of 4 , May 2, 2010
        If I'm not mistaken, that ( test routines)  would be a ROM-based bit of code, as in all the other DX series, so that at the very least you would have a test protocol to run, in the event of a cock-up with the mother board or externals, that didn't interfere with basic processor and data bus/ address bus systems.
        Some one please correct me if wrong.
        Gregg

        Message 3 of 4 , May 2, 2010
          You are not wrong.

          GB
          www.musictechnologiesgroup.com

          Message 4 of 4 , May 3, 2010
            ive been intently listening and just this a.m. my DX11
            displayed the change Ram Battery! ahhhH!

            so how do i back up the ram part to save the Test?

            has it already happened when i transmitted the SY to my
            qx5fd for storage? (i do the AL and SY separately)

            can it only be done with a cartridge?

            and of course i dont have one. :(
            ive always just used the yamaha qx5fd.

            also id be glad to help out makers1958 if you still it.

            and Paul, when i originally got my DX11 i did
            back it up, but that disk is 850miles away from me
            in a safe storage, and it might contain a couple of
            the original performances..
            i distinctly remember seeing the im Zombi, fantasy, and hit1key
            names..ive overwritten everything since then
            and have checked my qxdisks i have here now and nothing is
            on these here for you. Dammit!
            Farmer