Re: [YamahaDX] E patches

  • charlie from PARRY
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 2, 2010
      no the data a d.bensons site is not corrupt , try again , i think you are
      meaning the sys ex files..???
      i used many and these work great .

      charles

      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 2, 2010
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 3, 2010
          The problem is I don't have E-card... I have DX7IIFD, and yes, syx would be great. If you used files from D. Benson and those worked great, can you post them in syx version? If not, just a list of patch names, please... Thank you for fast respond

          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 3, 2010

            heres what i found pertainning to your grey matter card

            those files are a disk image files and not sysex
            so this means you have to place on a diskette and use in disk drive.

            read this :------------------------------------

            ReadmE!.TXT

            The files accompanying this file are the 28 original files from the Grey Matter Response, Inc. E! Demo disk included with the E! expansion chip for the Yamaha DX7IIFD synthesizer.  The E! modification expands the internal memory storage capacity to 256 single voices and 128 performances including special 8-way Splits, Floating Splits, Chord and Player modes.  E! also adds 8-voice multitimbrality and 16 track sequencing capabilities to the instrument.

            The six E-Demo.E?? files comprise the E-Demo ERAM.  The new ERAM data storage type contains data for 4 banks x 64 voices, 4 banks x 32 performances, sequencer data up to 22,000 events, Player and Chord songs, 12 tone microtunings, and all engine data.  The E-Demo.C01 file contains fractional scaling data for the seven voices that use fractional scaling.  The remaining x.S?? files containing the seven songs associated with sequencer performances 1-7.

            To use these files with a DX7IIFD equipped with E!, copy them to a 720k DOS-formatted 3-1/2" diskette and follow these instructions:

            Note:  All voices, performances and sequences in internal memory will be overwritten.  Save all unsaved voices, performances and sequences to a disk or cartridge before proceeding.

            1. Turn internal and cartridge Memory Protect off under the Utility Tune [button #14] menu.
            2. Start SE!quencer under the Utility Tune [button #14] menu.
            3. Choose 4 = Util followed by 4=Global
            4. Select 1=Erase SEQS and press the [YES] button when asked DESTROY ALL SEQUENCES? [yn]
            5. Press [NO] to exit the sequencer, [YES] to confirm.
            6. Insert the diskette containing the E! demo files into the synthesizer's diskette drive.
            7. Find the Disk ERAM menu under the UTILITY DISK [button #16] menu.
            8. Press [YES] to view the Disk ERAM directory.
            9. Use the no/yes buttons to display File 1  E-Demo.
            10. Use the cursor buttons to move to the Load option and press [YES].  At the prompt press [YES] again.  The loading process takes about a minute and a half.
            11. When the data is fully loaded, the display responds with "Complete".
            12. Insert a RAM4 cartridge and format for fractional scaling data.
            13. Find the Disk CRT menu under the UTILITY DISK [button #16] menu.
            14. Press [YES] to view the Disk CRT directory.
            15. Use the no/yes buttons to display File 1  E-Demo.
            16. Use the cursor buttons to move to the Load option and press [YES].  At the prompt press [YES] again.

            You can now enter Single mode and listen to the 256 voices from the E! demo disk.

            After pressing the [PERFORMANCE] button, you can select one of the 32 demo performances in bank 1.  The first seven performances are sequence performances.  If you choose one of these, the corresponding sequence will be loaded from the diskette.  When the song is fully loaded, press the [1-32 33-64] engine button to start/stop playback.

            The remaining performance memories in bank 1 contain examples of the other new performance modes.

            ok hope i'm helping ,,,,i looked in the files but the do seem a little weird i have no way to test out something thats not intended for sys ex, but i can't find any patch names in the file so it kinda as a guess leads even me to believe theymight be flawed.
            idi find more info

            interesting items::----------------

            If you have a Grey Matter E! card installed, it's slightly more complicated: Press "function", then "operator select" twice to select the "memory" page, push button 31 twice (Memory Protect Internal) and then "off". This disables the memory protect. Then press "function", then "operator select" four times to select the "keyboard control" page, push button 2 (Midi in filters: SYSEX) and then "on". This enables SYSEX data transfer. You are now finally ready to send the data from your computer.

            On the DX7II-d, you need to turn memory protection off (Button #14), set the device number on the keyboard to the device number under which the sysex was originaly saved (button #32), and set "MIDI IN" to "normal" (button #29). If you don't do this third step, you get no error message and no hint of what is wrong, but the keyboard just doesn't accept the sysex data.

            now was this the area you were disscussing , i sort of jumped all over it hoping to help out.

            charles

            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 3, 2010

              ok i have found the .E?? files containd 4 banks of sysex for the dx7 now to decipher this and save as sys ex for you , be back later.

              charles

              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 3, 2010
                Thank you, Charles. I managed to create some sysexes from those weird files, but I can't find ALL 256 patches (some of them missing?). Also, some performances are eithrer not present or missing, too. DX7II data (AMEM) is somewhat strange, and it don't seem to do the job adequately. I'm sorry if I wasted too much of your time. As I said, I do not own E!, and can't load those from floppy...If you are up to some convertion, before you try, look what I've done (attachment). Thank you.
                P.S. Paul Deco prommised to send me his syx files soon, so we will stay in touch. I will inform you when they come...

                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 3, 2010

                  those really wern't sys ex files you sent renata  its just data grouped into sysex clumps.

                  please refrain from sending any more..
                   unless you've done some secert encoding of your sysex  for me to decode and use..
                  but i doubt that

                   my other email has some correct sys ex files for you ..
                  enjoy

                  send me some large bill denominations then!

                  charles