Re: [YamahaDX] SER-7 Firmware for DX7

  • Narfman96 - Narfland Studio
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 1, 2009
      Hi Vince,

      A money order is cool if you don't use Paypal. I laughed when I saw the Visa thing. I don't have any kind of official business or anything. I just buy busted synth gear on Ebay and try my best to restore it. I've been fixing my music gear for 35 years. I love it! It keeps me out of trouble plus I get to play with a lot of the gear I could only dream about as a young musician. I now have about 30 different synths that I've fixed. Then there's also the helping out in the groups thing....

      Gil has been a great online friend. I even bought him a DX5 Service Manual just to help him out. I charge $5.00 US for the eprom and the same for the shipping. It sometimes takes me up to a week to get them programmed and shipped. I work on process control gear in a paper mill and sometimes things get all torn up.... Have a great day!

      Fran Bourdeau
      370 Reynolds Rd
      Fort Edward, NY 12828

      From: narfman96 <narfman96@yahoo. com>
      Subject: [YamahaDX] SER-7 Firmware for DX7
      To: YamahaDX@yahoogroup s.com
      Date: Wednesday, September 30, 2009, 11:53 AM

      Vince,
      Of course you can have one. I only charge for the eprom and shipping. I will not sell Yamaha's firmware. They own it and they're the only one who should profit from their hard work.

      I haven't made any of these SER-7 eproms for anyone else but I did send out 3 TX81Z V1.6 eproms this week. There seems to be a lot of the buggy V1.0 TX81Z's out there. Yamaha was in such a rush to release the early units the sysex dump would not load back into them. Geez!

      Contact me offlist and I'll give you the details. Fran

      > Have you burned one for anyone else?I would love one,and would pay a fair price. ...

    • Vince
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 1, 2009
        Sure that will be great If you would send me your Address to my email At vbrotz62@...