Re: [YamahaDX] What effects processors are recommended?

  • Richard Gelderblom
    Message 1 of 33 , May 1, 2009
      I had an Alesis Quadraverb Plus which I controlled from my DX7IIFD.
      It has reverb (duh), delay, chorus, flanger, phaser and leslie
      simulation and everything in stereo as well.

      The reason I bought this machine was for the leslie and longer
      delaytimes which were quite rare at the time.
      It must've been from the same era.

      Another reason was that it had no guitar effects like distortion,
      overdrive etc. which I have no use for and most other machines like this
      had them aboard, but no leslie.

      here's a piccie : http://img.tweedehands.net/pics/00/01/85/65/81/1c.jpg
      (This is not mine BTW)

      Search google for 'Alesis QuadraVerb' to get comments from others.

      Even back then all parameters could be fully controlled over MIDI !

      rg,rg

      Eitan wrote:
      > I'm interested in knowing what effects processors any of you can
      > recommend that would go well with a dx7. I would prefer getting a Yamaha
      > and preferrably something from the period, I would say 1987-1992, with
      > at least 16 bit dac's, but I welcome any recommendations any of you
      > have. At the very least I want to get a decent reverb so the electric
      > piano patches are dreamy sounding like the pro recordings.
      >
      > This is the first time I've looked for one, but I'm getting the
      > impression that there are basically those meant for guitar, and those
      > meant for everything else.
      >
      > So any recommendations? What should I avoid?

    • Eitan
      Message 33 of 33 , May 4, 2009
        Has anyone used the Alesis Midiverb 2, 3, or 4? Any opinions on those
        and how they compare to the Yamaha SPX line?