Cheapest/Best Software

  • abc
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 2, 2007
      I have a Kx88 and 2 tx216's and a tx802. I have not used this stuff
      in 10 years. Have 2 boys in their 3rd year of piano. They have been
      begging me to drag it out. I have no midi interface and no pc
      software. Not really wanting to mess with the operators. I need to
      be able to send and receive patches to my pc. What do I need?

      Thanks for any help!!!!!!!!!!!
      Steve
    • Nicole Massey
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 2, 2007
        I'm not completely clear on what you're asking here. What exactly do you
        want to accomplish with things, and how much do you want to do with it?

        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 2, 2007
          I need some kind of software to move patches in/out of my modules and
          save them into my PC. I need some kind of midi device to do this with
          don't I?

          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 2, 2007
            Ah, okay.

            What OS are you talking about here?

            There are several options, but it depends on what type of machine you're
            using, what OS, and all that. If you're using an older sound card with a
            game port on it then there are cheap adapter cables that you can use for
            MIDI from the game port. Otherwise, your best option is one of the low cost
            USB MIDI interfaces.

            If you have an old PC lying around with ISA slots and an old Roland MPU-401
            compatible interface, a Voyetra Interface, ESS Solo-1, or MIDIQuest
            interface, then Voyetra's Sideman DX is floating around out there and
            they've abandoned it. This will give you vast numbers of options to save and
            archive the files.

            --- In YamahaDX@yahoogroups.com <mailto:YamahaDX%40yahoogroups.com> ,
            "Nicole Massey" <nyyki@...> wrote:

            > I'm not completely clear on what you're asking here. What exactly do
            > you want to accomplish with things, and how much do you want to do with
            it?

          • abc
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 2, 2007
              Using XP. Have a &.1 SC with Midi. You did not mention any Software?

              --- In YamahaDX@yahoogroups.com, "Nicole Massey" <nyyki@...> wrote:

              > Ah, okay.
              >
              > What OS are you talking about here?
              >
              > There are several options, but it depends on what type of machine you're
              > using, what OS, and all that. If you're using an older sound card with a
              > game port on it then there are cheap adapter cables that you can use for
              > MIDI from the game port. Otherwise, your best option is one of the
              low cost
              > USB MIDI interfaces.
              >
              > If you have an old PC lying around with ISA slots and an old Roland
              MPU-401
              > compatible interface, a Voyetra Interface, ESS Solo-1, or MIDIQuest
              > interface, then Voyetra's Sideman DX is floating around out there and
              > they've abandoned it. This will give you vast numbers of options to
              save and
              > archive the files.

              Behalf
              > Of abc
              > Sent: Tuesday, October 02, 2007 7:44 PM
              > To: YamahaDX@yahoogroups.com
              > Subject: [YamahaDX] Re: Cheapest/Best Software
              >
              > I need some kind of software to move patches in/out of my modules
              and save
              > them into my PC. I need some kind of midi device to do this with
              don't I?

              > --- In YamahaDX@yahoogroups.com <mailto:YamahaDX%40yahoogroups.com> ,
              > "Nicole Massey" <nyyki@> wrote:
              > >
              > > I'm not completely clear on what you're asking here. What exactly do
              > > you want to accomplish with things, and how much do you want to do
              with
              > it?

            • Nicole Massey
              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 2, 2007
                There's a lot of options out there. Take a look at www.synthzone.com for
                lots of options in the freeware/shareware arena.

                "Nicole Massey" <nyyki@...> wrote:

                > Ah, okay.
                >
                > What OS are you talking about here?
                >
                > There are several options, but it depends on what type of machine
                > you're using, what OS, and all that. If you're using an older sound
                > card with a game port on it then there are cheap adapter cables that
                > you can use for MIDI from the game port. Otherwise, your best option
                > is one of the
                low cost
                > USB MIDI interfaces.
                >
                > If you have an old PC lying around with ISA slots and an old Roland
                MPU-401
                > compatible interface, a Voyetra Interface, ESS Solo-1, or MIDIQuest
                > interface, then Voyetra's Sideman DX is floating around out there and
                > they've abandoned it. This will give you vast numbers of options to
                save and
                > archive the files.

                Behalf
                > Of abc
                > Sent: Tuesday, October 02, 2007 7:44 PM
                > To: YamahaDX@yahoogroups.com <mailto:YamahaDX%40yahoogroups.com>
                > Subject: [YamahaDX] Re: Cheapest/Best Software
                >
                > I need some kind of software to move patches in/out of my modules
                and save
                > them into my PC. I need some kind of midi device to do this with
                don't I?

                > --- In YamahaDX@yahoogroups.com <mailto:YamahaDX%40yahoogroups.com>
                > <mailto:YamahaDX%40yahoogroups.com> , "Nicole Massey" <nyyki@> wrote:
                > >
                > > I'm not completely clear on what you're asking here. What exactly do
                > > you want to accomplish with things, and how much do you want to do
                with
                > it?

              • talkboxfamilia
                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 7, 2007
                  --- In YamahaDX@yahoogroups.com, "Nicole Massey" <nyyki@...> wrote:

                  > There's a lot of options out there. Take a look at www.synthzone.com for
                  > lots of options in the freeware/shareware arena.

                  You will need the bomes translator. You can save the patches as syx
                  files, thats if your modules are able to read syx.
                  http://www.bome.com/midi/translator/