Downloading posts possible

  • November Papa
    Message 1 of 22 , Jun 1, 2006

      Hi all,

      OK, I’ve been around a while now, apart from my recent glitch with my novemberpapa e-mail being clogged at the ISP end, meaning:

      a)       I wasn’t getting the e-mails dumped down to me

      b)       Inbox became full at the ISP end

      c)       E-mails started bouncing

      Etc etc

      I’ve fixed that now – phew.

      Left with one problem………..

      The e-mail inbox at the ISP end became full on the 18th May, so I’m missing posts from that date until unblocking this morning.

      I know I can read them online, but I’ve got any ‘useful’ (to me) posts permanently archived on my pc.  Do any computer whiz geeks out there know of any way to get posts to yahoo groups between a specified date range re-sent?  Or are those two weeks a lost cause?

      Or, perhaps, some kindly soul also has them on their pc and might send them on to me?

      Ideas, offer of help etc gratefully received.

      PS, as this problem has (obviously) affected all the groups I’m a member of (40 odd) I’d really appreciate knowing if there is any way to achieve it without sending begging letters to every group!

      Cheers,

      November Papa

    • VINCENT BROTZ
      Message 2 of 22 , Jun 1, 2006
        If you go into the dx yahoo site,which you can do by
        going to the bottom of this page and click on the
        yahoo dx group.In the messages column open that
        file.When you find one that you save to your computer
        ,just right click,and use the "Save target as".This
        will do just what you wanted.
        --- November Papa <novemberpapa@...> wrote:

        > Hi all,
        >

        > OK, I've been around a while now, apart from my
        > recent glitch with my
        > novemberpapa e-mail being clogged at the ISP end,
        > meaning:
        >
        > a) I wasn't getting the e-mails dumped down to
        > me
        >
        > b) Inbox became full at the ISP end
        >
        > c) E-mails started bouncing
        >

        > Etc etc
        >

        > I've fixed that now - phew.
        >

        > Left with one problem.....
        >

        > The e-mail inbox at the ISP end became full on the
        > 18th May, so I'm missing
        > posts from that date until unblocking this morning.
        >

        > I know I can read them online, but I've got any
        > 'useful' (to me) posts
        > permanently archived on my pc. Do any computer whiz
        > geeks out there know of
        > any way to get posts to yahoo groups between a
        > specified date range re-sent?
        > Or are those two weeks a lost cause?
        >
        > Or, perhaps, some kindly soul also has them on their
        > pc and might send them
        > on to me?
        >

        > Ideas, offer of help etc gratefully received.
        >

        > PS, as this problem has (obviously) affected all the
        > groups I'm a member of
        > (40 odd) I'd really appreciate knowing if there is
        > any way to achieve it
        > without sending begging letters to every group!
        >

        > Cheers,
        >

        > November Papa

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Dan
        Message 3 of 22 , Jun 1, 2006
          >"> Maybe print one-last-list of people and the sizes, etc, before
          the trip to the printer so we can all double check our order."

          Here are the shirts that I've received payment for:

          Greg Gaub – XXL
          Stephen Beare – XXL
          Lawrence Patti – L
          Mark Robinson – XL (2)
          Marc Abernathy – XXL
          Francis Bourdeau – I'm verifying size [XL?] 2
          Rambo – XL & I'm verifying second size [L?]
          David Weiss – XXL
          Peter Bye – M (2)
          Ken Coghill - XXXXLT (3)
          David O'Hearn – XL
          Nigel Prymak – XXL (2)
          Ajay Matmura – M
          Joan Martinez – M & L (2)
          Ben Khoo – M (payment on the way)
          Vince B – XL

          (There are also a few people that have expressed interest but that I
          have not received payment from.)

          The screen printer said that I could mix black and brown shirts so I
          will look at the shade of brown that they have and if it looks good
          (I.e. unlike black shirts, brown shirts can look good or they can
          look terrible.) then I will order brown shirts for anyone that has
          said that's what they'd like. I don't mean to complicate things so
          late in the process but since there is the possibility to order
          blacks and browns all in the same printing run, I want to at try to
          please everybody if possible. Feel free to email me to clarify
          whether you'd like brown but *please assume that the orders will be
          for black short-sleeved shirts unless the shade of brown is just
          right. (-according to Dan's aesthetics!)*

          >"I changed from LG as I will assume that shrinkage will be minimal
          if the shirts are good quality.

          I was happy with the quality of last year's 100% cotton shirts and
          will try to get the same brand. My experience has been that there
          is usually some shrinkage even with "pre-shrunk" cotton T-shirts.
          Especially with black though, it might be a good idea to wash them
          only in cold water and then dry flat or line dry to really protect
          against shrinkage and fading.

          >"> I sympathize with the time and effort you have put into this."

          It has truly been a fun and rewarding experience for me by getting
          to deal with so many great DX people who are every bit as
          enthusiastic about this project as I am - Thank you everybody!!!

          : )

          Dan
        • Bob Weeks
          Message 4 of 22 , Jun 1, 2006
            Dan Sorry is it too late
            Payment can be with you by Paypal Tomorrow

            Message 5 of 22 , Jun 1, 2006
              No problem - There's still time.

              --- In YamahaDX@yahoogroups.com, "Bob Weeks" <bob.weeks@...> wrote:

              > Dan Sorry is it too late
              > Payment can be with you by Paypal Tomorrow

              Behalf Of
              > Dan
              > Sent: 01 June 2006 20:51
              > To: YamahaDX@yahoogroups.com
              > Subject: [YamahaDX] Re: T-Shirts
              >

              > >"> Maybe print one-last-list of people and the sizes, etc, before
              > the trip to the printer so we can all double check our order."
              >
              > Here are the shirts that I've received payment for:
              >
              > Greg Gaub – XXL
              > Stephen Beare – XXL
              > Lawrence Patti – L
              > Mark Robinson – XL (2)
              > Marc Abernathy – XXL
              > Francis Bourdeau – I'm verifying size [XL?] 2
              > Rambo – XL & I'm verifying second size [L?]
              > David Weiss – XXL
              > Peter Bye – M (2)
              > Ken Coghill - XXXXLT (3)
              > David O'Hearn – XL
              > Nigel Prymak – XXL (2)
              > Ajay Matmura – M
              > Joan Martinez – M & L (2)
              > Ben Khoo – M (payment on the way)
              > Vince B – XL
              >
              > (There are also a few people that have expressed interest but that
              > have not received payment from.)
              >
              > The screen printer said that I could mix black and brown shirts so
              > will look at the shade of brown that they have and if it looks good
              > (I.e. unlike black shirts, brown shirts can look good or they can
              > look terrible.) then I will order brown shirts for anyone that has
              > said that's what they'd like. I don't mean to complicate things so
              > late in the process but since there is the possibility to order
              > blacks and browns all in the same printing run, I want to at try
              > please everybody if possible. Feel free to email me to clarify
              > whether you'd like brown but *please assume that the orders will be
              > for black short-sleeved shirts unless the shade of brown is just
              > right. (-according to Dan's aesthetics!)*
              >
              > >"I changed from LG as I will assume that shrinkage will be minimal
              > if the shirts are good quality.
              >
              > I was happy with the quality of last year's 100% cotton shirts and
              > will try to get the same brand. My experience has been that there
              > is usually some shrinkage even with "pre-shrunk" cotton T-shirts.
              > Especially with black though, it might be a good idea to wash them
              > only in cold water and then dry flat or line dry to really protect
              > against shrinkage and fading.
              >
              > >"> I sympathize with the time and effort you have put into this."
              >
              > It has truly been a fun and rewarding experience for me by getting
              > to deal with so many great DX people who are every bit as
              > enthusiastic about this project as I am - Thank you everybody!!!
              >
              > : )
              >
              > Dan

              > Music synthesizers Synthesizer music Electronic music

              Service.

              ---------
              > ----

            • November Papa
              Message 6 of 22 , Jun 1, 2006

                Dan,

                Don’t forget ….

                Nigel Prymak = November Papa on the original list so please don’t mark my nov pap nick as a bad un ;-)

                Cheers,

                November Papa

                >"> Maybe print one-last-list of people and the sizes, etc, before
                the trip to the printer so we can all double check our order."

                Here are the shirts that I've received payment for:

                Greg Gaub – XXL
                Stephen Beare – XXL
                Lawrence Patti – L
                Mark Robinson – XL (2)
                Marc Abernathy – XXL
                Francis Bourdeau – I'm verifying size [XL?]  2
                Rambo – XL & I'm verifying second size  [L?]
                David Weiss – XXL
                Peter Bye – M (2)
                Ken Coghill - XXXXLT (3)
                David O'Hearn – XL
                Nigel Prymak – XXL (2)
                Ajay Matmura – M
                Joan Martinez – M & L (2)
                Ben Khoo – M (payment on the way)
                Vince B – XL

                (There are also a few people that have expressed interest but that I
                have not received payment from.)

                The screen printer said that I could mix black and brown shirts so I
                will look at the shade of brown that they have and if it looks good
                (I.e. unlike black shirts,  brown shirts can look good or they can
                look terrible.) then I will order brown shirts for anyone that has
                said that's what they'd like.  I don't mean to complicate things so
                late in the process but since there is the possibility to order
                blacks and browns all in the same printing run, I want to at  try to
                please everybody if possible. Feel free to email me to clarify
                whether you'd like brown but *please assume that the orders will be
                for black short-sleeved shirts unless the shade of brown is just
                right. (-according to Dan's aesthetics!)*

                >"I changed from LG as I will assume that shrinkage will be minimal
                if the shirts are good quality.

                I was happy with the quality of last year's 100% cotton shirts and
                will try to get the same brand.  My experience has been that there
                is usually some shrinkage even with "pre-shrunk" cotton T-shirts.
                Especially with black though, it might be a good idea to wash them
                only in cold water and then dry flat or line dry to really protect
                against shrinkage and fading.

                >"> I sympathize with the time and effort you have put into
                this."

                It has truly been a fun and rewarding experience for me by getting
                to deal with so many great DX people who are every bit as
                enthusiastic about this project as I am - Thank you everybody!!!

                : )

                Dan

              • Joan Martínez
                Message 7 of 22 , Jun 2, 2006
                  Hi Dan,

                  I think in the letter I sent you I wrote down for 3 T-Shirts (and there's cash for them!).

                  Could you check it?

                  Thanks!

                  Joan M.

                  Message 8 of 22 , Jun 2, 2006
                    Hi Joan,

                    Yes, 2 large and 1 medium - Correct?

                    Thanks,

                    Dan

                    --- In YamahaDX@yahoogroups.com, Joan Martínez <piniflopa@...> wrote:

                    > Hi Dan,
                    >
                    > I think in the letter I sent you I wrote down for 3 T-Shirts (and
                    there's
                    > cash for them!).
                    >
                    > Could you check it?
                    >
                    > Thanks!
                    >
                    > Joan M.

                  • Joan Martínez
                    Message 9 of 22 , Jun 2, 2006
                      That's right!

                      This summer the DX-7 fashion wil be back!!! :-)

                      > I think in the letter I sent you I wrote down for 3 T-Shirts (and
                      there's
                      > cash for them!).
                      >
                      > Could you check it?
                      >
                      > Thanks!
                      >
                      > Joan M.

                    • ben khoo
                      Message 10 of 22 , Jun 3, 2006
                        Hi Dan,

                        Just a correction to the size:
                        Ben Khoo - M (payment on the way) should be
                        Ben Khoo - L (payment should be with you in a few
                        days)

                        Also, was one of the ones who wanted a Brown t-shirt
                        so if it's not too late then a brown would be great.
                        But i understand that a black should still be
                        expected.

                        Thanks for your efforts Dan
                        Ben

                        http://us.click.yahoo.com/97bhrC/LGxNAA/yQLSAA/QnLolB/TM

                      • Alexandro de Exu
                        Message 11 of 22 , Jun 3, 2006
                          2 Dan.Hi,I wanna too,but don't know the size of mine ( I'm not a big man :));& I wanted black color with red label ( red with black ).If it's possible,it's very well.Send me please payment details,I never did it :).                                      Best regardsAlexander.

                          --- In YamahaDX@yahoogroups.com, Joan MartМnez <piniflopa@...> wrote:

                          > Hi Dan,
                          >
                          > I think in the letter I sent you I wrote down for 3 T-Shirts (and
                          there's
                          > cash for them!).
                          >
                          > Could you check it?
                          >
                          > Thanks!
                          >
                          > Joan M.

                          Вы уже с Yahoo!? Испытайте обновленную и улучшенную Yahoo! Почту!
                          http://ru.mail.yahoo.com