TX7 backlit LCD

  • Scott Nordlund
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1, 2001
      I'm trying to find a place that sells backlit LCD modules that will fit the
      TX7. I've opened mine up and it's the standard HD44780 controller-based
      thing. The original was made by a company called Optrex (www.optrex.com)
      and surprisingly the same part is still available (It's the DMC-16117).
      However I couldn't find any suitable backlit replacements on the site.

      But anyway I found this page:

      http://www.densitron.com/cgi-bin/line.cgi?linetype=line1

      the LM2011, LM2015, and LM2020 would probably work, but they don't include
      EL inverters...

      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 1, 2001
        In a message dated 8/1/01 10:43:46 PM Central Daylight Time,

        << Subj: [YamahaDX] TX7 backlit LCD
        Date: 8/1/01 10:43:46 PM Central Daylight Time
        From: gsn10@... (Scott Nordlund)
        To: YamahaDX@yahoogroups.com

        I'm trying to find a place that sells backlit LCD modules that will fit the
        TX7. I've opened mine up and it's the standard HD44780 controller-based
        thing. The original was made by a company called Optrex (www.optrex.com)
        and surprisingly the same part is still available (It's the DMC-16117).
        However I couldn't find any suitable backlit replacements on the site.

        But anyway I found this page >>
        I am looking into this back lit display deal, and I have access to hundreds
        of back lit display bulbs, what is the size of this display?
        Rich
      • Hallvard Tangeraas
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 2, 2001
          At 00:00 -0400 02.08.01, mishon66@... wrote:

          >I am looking into this back lit display deal, and I have access to hundreds
          >of back lit display bulbs, what is the size of this display?

          You mean you are able to sell the rest of us LCD backlights, or you
          just know where to get them?
          What kind of "display bulbs" are you talking about?
          Do you happen to have any backlight LED panels which go behind the LCD
          displays, or the ones that light from the side, so that non-backlight
          LCD displays can be retrofitted with these?

          Hallvard
          --
          Hyperlink Launchpad: <http://www.crosswinds.net/~hall/>
          Atari Launchpad : <http://launchpad.atari.org>

        • Scott Nordlund
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 2, 2001
            >I am looking into this back lit display deal, and I have access to
            > >hundreds of back lit display bulbs, what is the size of this display?

            I think the size of the actual LCD is 64.5x13 mm. Or that's the viewable
            area anyway. I would imagine it would be easier just to replace the whole
            display module as they seem a bit delicate and I wouldn't want to mess mine
            up.