DX7 "Special DX"

  • kiefen2000
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 10, 2005
      Hello
      I recently bought a DX7 which displays the following message on boot
      up "Special DX Version 9.5". I opened up the machine and found an
      expansion card had been installed. It's not a Grey Matter E! card, (I
      have one of those and it has a different boot up message), this card
      is also larger and has a ribbon cable attached although it does seem
      to be connected up pretty much the same as the E! card and the
      circuitry is similar but it has only one EPROM (labeled SYN 9.5)while
      the E! card has two EPROMs. If anyone has ever heard of or seen one of
      these I'd appreciate any info on it.

      Thanks
      Kiefen