Re: FB-01

  • Ignacio Slazmanovitch
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 1, 2004
      I interpreted it differently. FB stands for (Sir) Francis Bacon. He
      was born in 1561 and died in 1626. This is a difference of 65 years.
      65 in hex is equal to 41. 41-01 = 40, which coincidentally is the
      same exact number (when added to 200) of presets in the FB-01, 240!!
      Amazing, no?

      Marty

      --- In YamahaDX@yahoogroups.com, Edward r Jones <kobanogomi@y...>
      wrote:
      > yeah, true, I wasn't all that serious, though.
      > I do not thing it would have been deliberate.
      > Like Casio, who knows where they get these prefixes from.
      >
      > Edward "if only he'd use his powers for good" Jones
      >
      > --- Alexander <arf_hotdogdeity@y...> wrote:
      > ---------------------------------
      > there's a way to apply abstract mathematics to just about everything
      > these days!
      >
      > --- In YamahaDX@yahoogroups.com, Edward r Jones <kobanogomi@y...>
      wrote:
      > > I always thought the FB-01 was an odd name
      > >
      > > I made a realization tonight. $FB is ASCII for Square Root symbol.
      > >
      > > Sqrt(-01) == i
      > >
      > > i being the imaginary number
      > > but, that could be coincidence :P
      > >
      > > =====
      > >
      > > what part of sin (w + i sin (w r)) do you not understand?
      > > [reverse engineers]
      > >

      > > Find local movie times and trailers on Yahoo! Movies.
      > > http://au.movies.yahoo.com
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ADVERTISEMENT

      Service.

      > =====
      >
      > what part of sin (w + i sin (w r)) do you not understand?
      > [reverse engineers]

      > http://au.movies.yahoo.com
    • David Weiss
      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 1, 2004
        You're BOTH crazy. The "-01" tell you to lower the "B" by a 1/2 step, so
        that you end up with an "F" and a "B-flat". Obviously, those notes are the
        ones that they use in testing the sounds for how they sound when listening
        to a perfect fifth.

        If anyone tells me I'm wrong, I'm likely to believe that I am. :-)

        Dave

        "The only thing necessary for the triumph [of evil] is for good men to do
        nothing." -- Edmund Burke

        "Bright-eyed and bushy-tailed isn't a go-getter. It's a squirrel on crack."
        -- Tom Cotter

        "A flute with no holes isn't a flute. And a donut with no holes is a
        danish." -- Chevy Chase in "Caddyshack"

        >From: "Ignacio Slazmanovitch" <hockinfinger@...>
        >To: YamahaDX@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [YamahaDX] Re: FB-01
        >Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2004 16:08:32 -0000
        >
        >I interpreted it differently. FB stands for (Sir) Francis Bacon. He
        >was born in 1561 and died in 1626. This is a difference of 65 years.
        >65 in hex is equal to 41. 41-01 = 40, which coincidentally is the
        >same exact number (when added to 200) of presets in the FB-01, 240!!
        >Amazing, no?
        >
        >Marty
        >
        >--- In YamahaDX@yahoogroups.com, Edward r Jones <kobanogomi@y...>
        >wrote:
        > > yeah, true, I wasn't all that serious, though.
        > > I do not thing it would have been deliberate.
        > > Like Casio, who knows where they get these prefixes from.
        > >
        > > Edward "if only he'd use his powers for good" Jones
        > >
        > > --- Alexander <arf_hotdogdeity@y...> wrote:
        > > ---------------------------------
        > > there's a way to apply abstract mathematics to just about everything
        > > these days!
        > >
        > > --- In YamahaDX@yahoogroups.com, Edward r Jones <kobanogomi@y...>
        >wrote:
        > > > I always thought the FB-01 was an odd name
        > > >
        > > > I made a realization tonight. $FB is ASCII for Square Root symbol.
        > > >
        > > > Sqrt(-01) == i
        > > >
        > > > i being the imaginary number
        > > > but, that could be coincidence :P
        > > >
        > > > =====
        > > >
        > > > what part of sin (w + i sin (w r)) do you not understand?
        > > > [reverse engineers]
        > > >

        > > > Find local movie times and trailers on Yahoo! Movies.
        > > > http://au.movies.yahoo.com
        > >

        > > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ADVERTISEMENT

        >Service.
        > >

        > > =====
        > >
        > > what part of sin (w + i sin (w r)) do you not understand?
        > > [reverse engineers]
        > >

        > > Find local movie times and trailers on Yahoo! Movies.
        > > http://au.movies.yahoo.com

      • Ignacio Slazmanovitch
        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 1, 2004
          You may be on the right track...but in the ascending order of F and B-
          flat, that produces a perfect fourth, or an INVERTED perfect fifth.
          In this case, a perfect fifth is Dewar's White Label. The only way to
          enjoy this fifth is to INVERT the bottle. So if you own the FB-01,
          you should drink profusely, but only the good stuff.

          Marty

          --- In YamahaDX@yahoogroups.com, "David Weiss" <prophet_5@h...> wrote:
          > You're BOTH crazy. The "-01" tell you to lower the "B" by a 1/2
          step, so
          > that you end up with an "F" and a "B-flat". Obviously, those notes
          are the
          > ones that they use in testing the sounds for how they sound when
          listening
          > to a perfect fifth.
          >
          > If anyone tells me I'm wrong, I'm likely to believe that I am. :-)
          >
          > Dave

        • Alexander
          Message 4 of 12 , Sep 1, 2004
            You just don't get this kind of intellectual comedy from the analog
            synth mailing lists!

            *hugs his TX81Z*

            *goes to the hospital to have a rack-ear surgically removed from his neck*

            --- In YamahaDX@yahoogroups.com, "Ignacio Slazmanovitch"
            <hockinfinger@y...> wrote:
            > You may be on the right track...but in the ascending order of F and B-
            > flat, that produces a perfect fourth, or an INVERTED perfect fifth.
            > In this case, a perfect fifth is Dewar's White Label. The only way to
            > enjoy this fifth is to INVERT the bottle. So if you own the FB-01,
            > you should drink profusely, but only the good stuff.
            >
            > Marty
            >

            > --- In YamahaDX@yahoogroups.com, "David Weiss" <prophet_5@h...> wrote:
            > > You're BOTH crazy. The "-01" tell you to lower the "B" by a 1/2
            > step, so
            > > that you end up with an "F" and a "B-flat". Obviously, those notes
            > are the
            > > ones that they use in testing the sounds for how they sound when
            > listening
            > > to a perfect fifth.
            > >
            > > If anyone tells me I'm wrong, I'm likely to believe that I am. :-)
            > >
            > > Dave

          • David Weiss
            Message 5 of 12 , Sep 1, 2004
              *hugging my Prophet 5* At least my Prophet 5 has 5 voices.

              For the record, there was a DX-1, which was MUCH bigger than the DX-7 (it
              was 2 DX-7's inside of one dual-keyboard case). Using Sequential Circuits
              precedent, it should've been the DX-14!!

              Aha!! Now, what do you make of that?

              So, go and get me a shrubbery! :-)

              Dave

              "The only thing necessary for the triumph [of evil] is for good men to do
              nothing." -- Edmund Burke

              "Bright-eyed and bushy-tailed isn't a go-getter. It's a squirrel on crack."
              -- Tom Cotter

              "A flute with no holes isn't a flute. And a donut with no holes is a
              danish." -- Chevy Chase in "Caddyshack"

              >From: "Alexander" <arf_hotdogdeity@...>
              >To: YamahaDX@yahoogroups.com
              >Subject: [YamahaDX] Re: FB-01
              >Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2004 21:09:29 -0000
              >
              >You just don't get this kind of intellectual comedy from the analog
              >synth mailing lists!
              >
              >*hugs his TX81Z*

              >*goes to the hospital to have a rack-ear surgically removed from his neck*
              >
              >--- In YamahaDX@yahoogroups.com, "Ignacio Slazmanovitch"
              ><hockinfinger@y...> wrote:
              > > You may be on the right track...but in the ascending order of F and B-
              > > flat, that produces a perfect fourth, or an INVERTED perfect fifth.
              > > In this case, a perfect fifth is Dewar's White Label. The only way to
              > > enjoy this fifth is to INVERT the bottle. So if you own the FB-01,
              > > you should drink profusely, but only the good stuff.
              > >
              > > Marty
              > >

              > > --- In YamahaDX@yahoogroups.com, "David Weiss" <prophet_5@h...> wrote:
              > > > You're BOTH crazy. The "-01" tell you to lower the "B" by a 1/2
              > > step, so
              > > > that you end up with an "F" and a "B-flat". Obviously, those notes
              > > are the
              > > > ones that they use in testing the sounds for how they sound when
              > > listening
              > > > to a perfect fifth.
              > > >
              > > > If anyone tells me I'm wrong, I'm likely to believe that I am. :-)
              > > >
              > > > Dave

            • Edward r Jones
              Message 6 of 12 , Sep 1, 2004
                and my ex girlfriend used to call the machine "Fussy Bitch", boy, if I was still
                talking to her, I'd tell her this Francis Bacon stuff, and it's blow her mind!

                ---------------------------------

                wrote:
                > yeah, true, I wasn't all that serious, though.
                > I do not thing it would have been deliberate.
                > Like Casio, who knows where they get these prefixes from.
                >
                > Edward "if only he'd use his powers for good" Jones
                >
                > --- Alexander <arf_hotdogdeity@y...> wrote:
                > ---------------------------------
                > there's a way to apply abstract mathematics to just about everything
                > these days!
                >
                > --- In YamahaDX@yahoogroups.com, Edward r Jones <kobanogomi@y...>
                wrote:
                > > I always thought the FB-01 was an odd name
                > >
                > > I made a realization tonight. $FB is ASCII for Square Root symbol.
                > >
                > > Sqrt(-01) == i
                > >
                > > i being the imaginary number
                > > but, that could be coincidence :P
                > >
                > > =====
                > >
                > > what part of sin (w + i sin (w r)) do you not understand?
                > > [reverse engineers]
                > >

                > > Find local movie times and trailers on Yahoo! Movies.
                > > http://au.movies.yahoo.com
                >

                > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ADVERTISEMENT

                Service.

                > =====
                >
                > what part of sin (w + i sin (w r)) do you not understand?
                > [reverse engineers]

                > http://au.movies.yahoo.com

                Yahoo! Groups Sponsordocument.write('');

                =====