Re: [YamahaDX] Re: syx

  • tt_ml_2_g7@gmx.net
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 1, 2004
      Hi,

      Nathan I Smutz wrote:
      > When I bought my DX7IID it came with a DX7S cartridge.
      > The cartridge worked fine. This leads me to suspect that Jsynthlib might
      > work for you.
      > I remember that, unlike the DX7S, the DX7II could play 2 voices at a
      > time, but that might be only at the "Performance" level. JsynthLib might
      > be fine sending and recieving your "voices" with their controller
      > settings and other Mk2 features.

      Not only voices, also sending/receiving/editing "additional voices", "performance", "Fractional scaling", "Microtuning", "System Setup"
      Patches.
      The DX7s uses the same patches as the DX7-II. The only difference is that the DX7s has just one voice generator.

      Since I own just a DX7 MKI I have not tested these drivers in reality, but they should work.
      Any bugreport is welcome.

      Bye
      Torsten
    • bobratica1020
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 1, 2004
        I just bought a dx7s and wondered if any of the sounds from the dx
        series will work with this keyboard. If they do I wondered what bank
        they end up in when you load them int, crt, or performance banks.
        The book doesn't say much about downloading files into the dx7, if
        any of these sounds work with the dx7s which program would be easyer
        to understand and get going the quickest. I'm not a great computer
        understander. And which sounds web site is the best for downloading
        sounds, I don't want a lot of duplicates. Also where on the web can
        you find more detailed info on the dx7s. Thanks
      • Nathan I Smutz
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 2, 2004
          My DX7II has a setting for which "bank" a recieved DX7 bank will go
          into. You can select between banks "1-32" and "33-64".

          Make a joyful noise,
          Nathan

          The exercise of justice is joy for the righteous,
          But is terror to the workers of iniquity.

          Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!