Re: [YamahaDX] ***GREY MATTER E! for the DX7IID?

  • Doug Kryskalla
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2003

      hello,

      i am desperate for a copy of the grey metter manual,  i have made numerous attempts to try and find myself these hard to find instructions.  i have a dx7fdII that has been in the shop for 2 months because they need a grey mattyer manual to program it.  can i please buy a photocopy of it from you, or can you steer me in the right direction of where i can find it myself....

      >From: "lizzardluvv"
      >To: YamahaDX@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: [YamahaDX] ***GREY MATTER E! for the DX7IID?
      >Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2003 00:16:05 -0000
      >
      >((uncloak))
      >
      >Greetings!
      >I have almost completed training myself on the DX7IID using Howard
      >Massey's excellent guide THE COMPLETE DX7II. I also possess a copy of
      >the instructions for using the Grey Matter E! for the IID, which my
      >synth possesses...
      >BUT, I still do not comprehend how to properly utilise it or if I
      >really even want to. I am hoping that someone reading this list can
      >assist me or point me in a constructive direction ;^)}
      >any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated!
      >
      >Peace, Dr Howard
      >PS I am currently researching Just Intonation and Microtonality and
      >the DX7II is one of the few synths out there able to venture into
      >this mysical area of music!! go forth and leave Equal Temperment
      >behind -I Dare You!
      >

      >((recloak))

      MSN 8: Get 6 months for $9.95/month.
    • lizzardluvv
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 6, 2003
        <<uncloak>>

        Well, it seems that no one has any real experience with the Grey
        Matter E!...or at least they're not speaking up. This is unfortunate.
        What about using Sounddiver? Using any program for SYSEX
        dumps? I'm a Mac user, so if there's anyone who can share their
        experience this would be most helpful. Also l'm looking into
        microtuning and will bne looking into using the JI Calculator as
        one approach to this end... I am hoping there are others out
        there that can chime in about there experimentation.
        I am certainly happy to exchange knowledge also.
        Thank you, Dr Howard

        <<recloak>>