CHANGING YAMAHA DX11 RAM BATTERY

  • 5IM0N3 4R3T4N0
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 17 12:44 AM
      Hi everyone,

      is there a way to change my DX11 ram battery by myself? What's the
      type of the battery? Are there any DX11 schematics on the web? I've
      never tried to open the synth because I want to be sure where to put
      my hands on, avoiding any damage to it.

      Thanks in advance,
      Simone.
    • none anon
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 17 3:52 AM
        Hi Mate,

        I did this myself recently - battery is a CR 2032 if I recall, what you need to do is flip the DX onto its front, get inside - unscrew the board that is uppermost, you only need to disconnect 1 wire - just unplug it & you should be able to flip the board over with the rest of the connections intact, now it gets trickier! the battery (for some bizzare reason is soldered to the board on tabs) what I did was to desolder the tab connections to the board and replace with two small wires soldered to the contacts on the board - then (very) quickly solder the free end of the wires to the relavent side of the battery - this needs to be done very quickly with minimal heat to avoid damage to the battery (I managed to blow up the first battery I tried thru too much heat for too long - got some of the black gunk from inside the battery into my eye - not good!!) give it a good wrapping of elec tape & bobs your uncle.

        P.S. I am gathering sysex & patches for a web repository that I intend to put up (Yamaha DX11, Roland Juno 2, & Kawai K4) so if you have any sysex please mail it to me (my good instructions must be worth that surely!! ;o) -  much appreciated.
        please mail to - Sysex@...

        Hope this helps
          Chris
        If ya get stuck please e-mail me