Connecting a Floppy Drive with DX7

  • ifty75 <ifty75@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2003
      Dear All,

      I am practically new to a DX7 as well as to this site. I happen to
      buy DX7 from a friend b'cos it sounded so good I had to possess it.
      But unfortunately my friend did not have the cartridges with him. So
      my best bet will be either connect DX7 to a PC where I will be able
      to store all the original or created voices, or I will have to
      attatch it with a floppy drive.

      Now the problem is how to do any of the above. I am no hardware
      expert.

      So can any of you guys out there help me with this. Advise which of
      the two options will be best. And guide me how to use the option to
      store my voices.

      thanx!
    • ifty75 <ifty75@yahoo.com>
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 8, 2003
        WAS MY QUESTION TOO DUMB FOR ANY ONE TO ANSWER. WILL I NEVER KNOW
        WHAT TECHNICALITIES ARE INVOLVED TO STORE MY PATCHES??

        --- In YamahaDX@yahoogroups.com, "ifty75 <ifty75@y...>" <ifty75@y...>
        wrote:
        > Dear All,
        >
        > I am practically new to a DX7 as well as to this site. I happen to
        > buy DX7 from a friend b'cos it sounded so good I had to possess it.
        > But unfortunately my friend did not have the cartridges with him.
        So
        > my best bet will be either connect DX7 to a PC where I will be able
        > to store all the original or created voices, or I will have to
        > attatch it with a floppy drive.
        >
        > Now the problem is how to do any of the above. I am no hardware
        > expert.
        >
        > So can any of you guys out there help me with this. Advise which of
        > the two options will be best. And guide me how to use the option to
        > store my voices.
        >
        > thanx!
      • John R. Hillman
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 8, 2003
          > WAS MY QUESTION TOO DUMB FOR ANY ONE TO ANSWER. WILL I NEVER KNOW
          > WHAT TECHNICALITIES ARE INVOLVED TO STORE MY PATCHES??

          Firstly, please stop yelling at us. Secondly, you can connect your DX7 to
          your PC using a MIDI interface. Then, you can use a voice editor/librarian
          to transfer data to/from the synth. DX Manager has been discussed on this
          list recently and may be useful to you.

        • ifty75 <ifty75@yahoo.com>
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 10, 2003
            Thanks!