DX21 string sounds? also hammond patches

  • sixd5bassman
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 1, 2002
      Hi, i'm new to this group, but have owned my DX21 for a year and a
      half now. I have programmed some fairly realistic hammond sounds on
      the thing (and I have a real B3 w/ leslie) but I am having a real
      hard time trying to get a good strings sound. The preset strings on
      the DX21 are very bad sounding. Have any of you had any luck getting
      a good string sounds out of this synth, and if so, could you please
      share with me what buttons I will need to push, and to what settings?
      Thanks alot.
      If anyone is interested I can share my hammond settings (they only
      sound good when played through a leslie however) I can get key
      click, percussion, classic drawbar combinations, simulated scanner
      vibrato, and the data slider can act as a drawbar for the upper
      harmonics when in dual mode) of course you cant have all these
      things at once, but you can set up 5-6 patches (B2, B3, etc)
      and then switch between them for a semi-versitile hammond clone.
      let me know thanks, tim
    • rick leonard
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 1, 2002
        --- sixd5bassman <sixd5bassman@...> wrote:
        > Hi, i'm new to this group, but have owned my DX21
        > for a year and a
        > half now. I have programmed some fairly realistic
        > hammond sounds on
        > the thing (and I have a real B3 w/ leslie) but I am
        > having a real
        > hard time trying to get a good strings sound. The
        > preset strings on
        > the DX21 are very bad sounding. Have any of you had
        > any luck getting
        > a good string sounds out of this synth, and if so,
        > could you please
        > share with me what buttons I will need to push, and
        > to what settings?
        > Thanks alot.
        > If anyone is interested I can share my hammond
        > settings (they only
        > sound good when played through a leslie however) I
        > can get key
        > click, percussion, classic drawbar combinations,
        > simulated scanner
        > vibrato, and the data slider can act as a drawbar
        > for the upper
        > harmonics when in dual mode) of course you cant have
        > all these
        > things at once, but you can set up 5-6 patches (B2,
        > B3, etc)
        > and then switch between them for a semi-versitile
        > hammond clone.
        > let me know thanks, tim
        >
        > I've been trying to get a B-3 sound for a long time
        on my DX-21 and come up with some interesting patches,
        however I'd appreciate all of the patches you have. I
        play my DX-21 thru a fender amp with a fender
        vibratone leslie. sorry, I haven't tackled strings or
        horns yet.
        Rick

        http://mailplus.yahoo.com
      • tmadna
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 6, 2003
          --- In YamahaDX@yahoogroups.com, rick leonard <rcleonjr@y...> wrote:

          > --- sixd5bassman <sixd5bassman@y...> wrote:
          > > Hi, i'm new to this group, but have owned my DX21
          > > for a year and a
          > > half now. I have programmed some fairly realistic
          > > hammond sounds on
          > > the thing (and I have a real B3 w/ leslie) but I am
          > > having a real
          > > hard time trying to get a good strings sound. The
          > > preset strings on
          > > the DX21 are very bad sounding. Have any of you had
          > > any luck getting
          > > a good string sounds out of this synth, and if so,
          > > could you please
          > > share with me what buttons I will need to push, and
          > > to what settings?
          > > Thanks alot.
          > > If anyone is interested I can share my hammond
          > > settings (they only
          > > sound good when played through a leslie however) I
          > > can get key
          > > click, percussion, classic drawbar combinations,
          > > simulated scanner
          > > vibrato, and the data slider can act as a drawbar
          > > for the upper
          > > harmonics when in dual mode) of course you cant have
          > > all these
          > > things at once, but you can set up 5-6 patches (B2,
          > > B3, etc)
          > > and then switch between them for a semi-versitile
          > > hammond clone.
          > > let me know thanks, tim
          > >
          > > I've been trying to get a B-3 sound for a long time
          > on my DX-21 and come up with some interesting patches,
          > however I'd appreciate all of the patches you have. I
          > play my DX-21 thru a fender amp with a fender
          > vibratone leslie. sorry, I haven't tackled strings or
          > horns yet.
          > Rick
          >
          > Hi,
          I'm very new with DX21 and Cakewalk.
          How do I transport patches and sysx to the DX21 and how can I play
          them on the DX21

          Tolé