Re: DX7 II FD Supplemental Booklets

  • Paul
    Message 1 of 44 , Aug 4, 2013
      Hi folks,

      Was just reading this thread an wanted to make anyone who might be at all interested aware of a couple of books i recently came across and purchased from a guy in USA.

      He studied at music college in the 1980's and his teacher was a DX7 expert. He had used two books two teach with (DX7 and DX7 Mk2) and when he retired he gave these books to one of his pupils (Carl). The Mk1 is 100 pages and the Mk is 200 pages. i ordered them last week and so look forward to receiveng them.

      The guy (Carl) gave me a very personalized service and was able to negotiate on the best postage/package for me.

      Anyway, if anyone is interested then his email address is :-

      cgorch@...

      And tell him you are refering to 'monsterjazzlicks' message in this thread.

      Cheers,

      Paul

      --- In YamahaDX@yahoogroups.com, Brendan Mccaffrey <phunkyboy68@...> wrote:

      > The source material is here:
      >
      > https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4nd7px33p2qj3y2/WP7EeWsR0O

    • Daniel Forró
      Message 44 of 44 , Aug 11, 2013
        Fortunately in the case of this relatively not easy DX7 there are zillions of free sounds to select from... When I did some order in my DX7 sounds database about 15-16 years ago, I have started with about 25000 sounds. Lot of them were duplicated, just different name, or different octave, or only small difference from other similar sounds. I've ended maybe with 5000 sounds, the rest was trash. That's still too much. Hopefully I'll find some time to continue this selection, target is to have maybe 1000 FM sounds best suitable for my needs.

        Daniel Forro

        On 11 Aug, 2013, at 4:22 PM, Mike Ward wrote:

        That's what makes me cry. Usually Musicians aren't Mathemeticians we just want to play good sounding instruments. We don't want to have to figure out how to program sounds, we want to use sounds. :(