Re: Black key replacement help

  • narfman96
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 1, 2013
      You always have to remove the adjacent white keys in any keyboard of this style before removing the black keys.

      --- In YamahaDX@yahoogroups.com, "Daniel B" <bazandanlan@...> wrote:

      > Has anyone repaired any broken black key?
      > One of my black keys is broken and I had to remove it. Not and easy task.
      >
      > I saw the flier on how to remove a key but not much help. It is not easy based on my removal experience.
      >
      > One interesting thing in the article reads install black keys before white keys!
      >
      > So that does mean that in order to reinstall the black key, I will have to remove the adjacent white keys?
      > Tell me there is a better way.

    • jammie
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 1, 2013
        correct you need to remove the white keys next to the black key to remove the black key

        they are easy to remove push the key forward squeeze prongs gently under neath until key pops up

        then move key in a diagnal up motion

        fitting them back you do in reverseblack key first

        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 1, 2013
          Here is a video for a korg M1 which has the same keyboard . You can see how push and lift the keys . There is behind keys a long as the keybed platic part that you need to remove so you can push the white keys then the black one.

          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BikNg_G-TA

          Mind the springs !

          Fred