Re: Convert Sounddiver .lib to .syx?

  • Wolfram Niessen
    Message 1 of 3 , May 6, 2013
      Hi Cristofe,

      can you send me the SD Library, I think I can do it for you.

      Wolfram

      --- In YamahaDX@yahoogroups.com, "CristofeC" <schtuup@...> wrote:

      > I recently sold my Yamaha TX802. I thought I had saved all my sounds in .syx format so I could use them in FM8. Turns out I had some saved in Sounddiver .lib format...DOH!! They load fine in SD but I can't for the life of me find a way to export them as .syx without a 6op Yammie synth attached. The .lib files will open in MidiOx and I can then export them as sysex but something's getting lost in translation as FM8 doesn't recognize them.
      >
      > I posted the above in the Yam Black Boxes forum and I was told that someone had written a converter that will do this. Does anyone know where I can get a hold of it or any other way to accomplish this task?

    • Martin Tarenskeen
      Message 2 of 3 , May 6, 2013
        On Mon, 6 May 2013, CristofeC wrote:

        > I recently sold my Yamaha TX802. I thought I had saved all my sounds in .syx format so I could use them in FM8. Turns out I had some saved in Sounddiver .lib
        > format...DOH!! They load fine in SD but I can't for the life of me find a way to export them as .syx without a 6op Yammie synth attached. The .lib files will open
        > in MidiOx and I can then export them as sysex but something's getting lost in translation as FM8 doesn't recognize them.
        >
        > I posted the above in the Yam Black Boxes forum and I was told that someone had written a converter that will do this. Does anyone know where I can get a hold of it
        > or any other way to accomplish this task?

        DXconvert can convert Sounddiver .lib files (and many other formats) to
        pure .syx files.

        http://dxconvert.martintarenskeen.nl

        Or you can send me the files via private mail, and I can do this
        conversion for you.

        DXconvert can only convert the voicedata (VMEM/VCED and AMEM/ACED) not
        other data like performance data or microtune tables.

        --

        MT