Re: [YamahaDX] Re: RE : Yamaha DX21 (Help ?)

  • Daniel Forró
    Message 1 of 237 , Apr 24, 2013
      Usually this is not set at the side of transmitting device but in the
      receiving device. Such instrument must have a Program Change Table
      where you assign internal single sounds or higher hierarchy of sound
      design (called patch, performance, combination or multi) to incoming
      MIDI Program Change numbers, and usually it's possible to use factory
      presets and user sounds. It's also good for older instruments which
      had higher number of sound programs than 128. (Modern instruments
      solved this problem of selecting more than 128 sounds by Bank Select
      command.)

      There are also dedicated MIDI processors which allow to program
      conversion tables (like Yamaha MEP4), and similar conversion tables
      can be also programmed in software sequencers.

      DX21 hasn't possibility to set Program Change Table, and can't set
      different program number than default one for transmitted Program
      Change command.

      Daniel Forro

      On 25 Apr, 2013, at 12:34 AM, Paul wrote:

      > Thanks a lot Mark,
      >
      > So if i select patch #1 on the DX21 it will then select patch #1 on
      > the external sound module, (and therefore DX21 patch #2 will select
      > patch #2 on the external sound module and so on.........). So
      > therefore the DX21 can transmit 32 x Program Change locations.
      >
      > But what if you wanted to have patch #1 on the DX21 select (say)
      > patch #17 on the external device ?? Is there the facility to store
      > such a Program Change transmission command on the DX21 ??
    • charlie midi gfa
      Message 237 of 237 , Apr 25, 2014
        ive had no problem like that ..except once this week , and i co worker
        swears he sent some pictures to my email , and i never got drift of them ..
        but the other forward reciepiant did ....
        i think th einternet is highily over rate d, and used

        charlie