Re: [YamahaDX] Re: Tx/Rx Tape to SysEx project (Formerly Lost user patches) [1 Attachment]

  • Martin Tarenskeen
    Message 1 of 91 , Apr 1, 2013
      On Mon, 1 Apr 2013, Daniel Forró wrote:

      >   [Attachment(s) from =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Daniel_Forr=F3?= included
      > below]
      >
      > I'm not sure where to buy it recently. Connection is in Service
      > manual, I can send you.
      >
      > Or if it's enough just by description:
      >
      > Connector is 8 pin DIN (7 pins in the circle, one in the middle).
      > Numbering in SM is:
      >
      > 1 (left down) = Ground
      > 6 = connected with 7
      > 7 = connected with 6
      > 3 = Ground
      > 5 = TL = probably shortage for Tape Load = from Tape
      > 2 = Ground
      > 4 = TS = probably shortage for Tape Save = to Tape
      > 8 = Ground
      >
      > Or I have another picture from somebody with different pin
      > numbering,
      > and connection to three small jacks, which is how original cable is
      > done. I try to attach it here, if attachment are allowed you should
      > get it.

      I'm trying to figure out how your description matches the other picture,
      which looks totally different at first sight. I'll see.

      BTW: the picture shows "NOT USED" for one of the three jacks. I think this
      is described in my DX100 manual as "remote control, if available". Some
      cassette decks had something like that. Not really important I guess.

      --

      MT
    • Eb Mayat
      Message 91 of 91 , Mar 14, 2014
        Hello

        Many thanks for all your informative comments and advice regarding the cassette cable and data storage device.

        Sincerely,
        Eb

        On Thursday, March 13, 2014 5:00 PM, Martin Tarenskeen <m.tarenskeen@...> wrote:

        [Attachment(s) from Martin Tarenskeen included below]

        On Thu, 13 Mar 2014, Eb Mayat wrote:

        > Could you advise us as to the kind of data storage device that can be used for storing sysex on cassette. If so, can this device be obtained
        > anywhere ?
        >
        > Further, if you (or anybody else for that matter) has the schematic and/or the pin layout for the cassette data cable that could be made for DX
        > synths, I would be interested.

        I have attached a picture with the schematics of such a cable. The "not
        used" thing was meant for a remote control mechanism.

        Or you can buy one from these:
        http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MSX-Computer-Cassette-Leads-For-All-MSX-Computers-Brand-New-/251097851443?pt=UK_Video_Games_Cables_and_Adaptors&hash=item3a76992633

        The MSX datacassette cable is the same.

        --