malfunctioning dx7

  • osbornecc
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 1, 2002
      greetings
      i have an old dx7 with a few non-working keys and was wondering if
      anyone knows the procedure for fixing them, if possible at all.
      also the ram is screwed, ill turn it off for a couple of days, then
      back on all the ram voice data is scrambled, why is this... anyone
      else have this problem?
    • XPANDER
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 1, 2002
        Re: [YamahaDX] malfunctioning dx7
        Scrambled voice data could mean the Battery in the DX7 is on its’ last legs.
        You might want to replace the battery.

        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 2, 2002
          --- In YamahaDX@y..., XPANDER <xpander@e...> wrote:

          > Scrambled voice data could mean the Battery in the DX7 is on its¹
          last legs.
          > You might want to replace the battery.

          thats what i thought but the battery reads 4.5
          thats the last time i buy a kboard from a church;)
        • Barrie Clemo
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 2, 2002
            That is exactly what the battery level display read on my DX9 before I replaced the battery.. I think that it is supposed to read 1.5.
            The Church has many things to answer for but dont blame them for the problems with your synth.