Re: OT Sibelius

  • Daniel Forró
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 3 6:10 PM
      Dear friends,

      I'm not sure if all of you are informed about recent situation
      concerning Sibelius score editor software. Please read this and
      consider signing a
      petition, I did it one week ago as Sibelius user since the version 1
      and member of Sibelius yahoo group. Spread this info please to all
      your music
      friends and ask them to sign.

      Here's what we can do:
      http://www.artsjournal.com/slippeddisc/2012/08/at-sibelius-software-the-last-staff-turn-out-the-lights.html

      Thanks, hopefully this invaluable piece of software can be saved.

      Daniel Forro
    • Wilson Zorn
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 5 9:22 PM
        Would be interesting to hear more regarding details; off-shore <> bad and <> anti-innovation (neither necessarily, that is).  It may even be an economically necessary measure to avoid extinction, and that may be true regardless of who operates Sibelius - including even if it's independent.

        That said, I'm not impressed with Avid nor trusting of them.  But I also have no stake in Sibelius, though have always heard good things and wish them the best.

        On Fri, Aug 3, 2012 at 6:10 PM, Daniel Forró <dan.for@...> wrote:
        Dear friends,

        I'm not sure if all of you are informed about recent situation
        concerning Sibelius score editor software. Please read this and
        consider signing a
        petition, I did it one week ago as Sibelius user since the version 1
        and member of Sibelius yahoo group. Spread this info please to all
        your music
        friends and ask them to sign.

        Here's what we can do:
        http://www.artsjournal.com/slippeddisc/2012/08/at-sibelius-software-the-last-staff-turn-out-the-lights.html

        Thanks, hopefully this invaluable piece of software can be saved.

        Daniel Forro

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
            YamahaDX-digest@yahoogroups.com
            YamahaDX-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Daniel Forró

          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 6 2:14 AM
            the problem with avid they just stop supporting stuf after a few years

            they did it with a lot of digidesign older stuff

            they did not bother with owners when upgrading it was tough

            upgrade and loose features and get support or dont upgrade keep the feature but no support and this was with there own products

            they have always been about money

            they dont keep documentation off there old stuff

            at least synth manufacturers keep documentation in archives for future people

            sibelius will go down the road the same way that apple did to sounddiver

            a great program left to drift at sea no support for 8 years now yet its still the best synth editor period

            same as sibelis will be in 10 years time as nothing else will be written to dfo the same thing as some one has already done it