DX-7 keyboard felt

  • V. Scott
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 1, 2012
      hi,
      does anybody know where I can obtain the felt strip that goes underneath the keys on a DX-7?
      Mine is worn and cracked and needs replacement.
      Yamaha says none in stock. They can’t advise a suitable replacement either Sad smile
      Any info greatly appreciated!
      Regards,
      Vince
    • Royce
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 1, 2012
        Hi Vince
        You might try a piano tuner or their parts supply.
        Really good quality should be obtainable in lots of sizes and use some double sided tape to fix it in place.

        All the best
        Royce

        --- In YamahaDX@yahoogroups.com, "V. Scott" <sc00ts_@...> wrote:

        > hi,
        > does anybody know where I can obtain the felt strip that goes underneath the keys on a DX-7?
        > Mine is worn and cracked and needs replacement.
        > Yamaha says none in stock. They can’t advise a suitable replacement either
        > Any info greatly appreciated!
        > Regards,
        > Vince

      • V. Scott
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 3, 2012
          Hey Royce Winking smile
          I will look into this. Thanks for the reply.
          Anything online that’s good?
          Thank you,

          --- In mailto:YamahaDX%40yahoogroups.com, "V. Scott" <sc00ts_@...> wrote:

          > hi,
          > does anybody
          know where I can obtain the felt strip that goes underneath the keys on a DX-7?
          > Mine is worn and cracked and needs replacement.
          > Yamaha
          says none in stock. They can’t advise a suitable replacement either

          Any info greatly appreciated!
          > Regards,

          Vince

        • Royce
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 3, 2012
            I Googled  'Piano Felt" and got heaps of suppliers

            Here is an ebay ad for felt with tape already applied $us4
            http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Piano-Self-Adhesive-Nameboard-Felt-Scarlet-/120656188497?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c17ab5451

            It is basically a shock absorber for the keys.