Re: [YamahaDX] Output level on DX7

  • Vince
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 31, 2012
      I have this problem,Its a slight short in the output jack,I have to move the plug upwards to get a good output.Its just worn out.Its not much of a problem for me,but you may want to try this.Just wiggle the jack slightly while holding a key to see if thats your problem.

      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 1, 2012

        That’s probably not a short Vince, just some oxidisation on the plug or socket (jack).
        Try rotating the plug left and right to see if there’s a crackle that diminishes the more you rotate the plug.
        Common on old equipment/plugs.

        Brian.

        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 1, 2012
          The more common reason this will happen is that the solder connections crack around the connector tabs on the output pcb. If you look at the solder connection you will see a circular crack around the solder joint or the actual solder pad may have lifted off the pcb. Simply resolder and add some extra wire material to beef this connection up.
          Cheers,
          Gregg