New song featuring Yamaha FS1R

  • jbrave@mirrormagazine.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 3, 2001
      I've got a new song that features my Yamaha FS1R on the lead and my
      Waldorf MicroQ on the rest. The FS1R patch is a killer
      clavinet/distortion-wah sound.

      its called "One Phat Track" and its at

      http://www.mp3.com/jbrave

      Most of my other songs have featured the following instruments:

      Yamaha DX7, DX5, and TX-416 (TX-816 with only four TF-1 modules,
      which I recently sold (boo hoo), Kawai K3, K5, K5m and K5000s)

      Probable the most DX-Heavy song is "Fever Dreams" - Its ALL Dx except
      for the drums.

      I love my FS1R - it doesn't sound any different at all from my other
      DX's when playing DX7 sounds, except for the noise.

      Joel
    • Bob DeMaa
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 4, 2001
        Re: [YamahaDX] New song featuring Yamaha FS1R Checked your tracks. Very cool. I liked Fever Dreams, but I have a hard time believing that main pad, the one that starts the intro is a DX-7. It sounds more like a Nord. Or a close relative of the Yamaha SK50D. Either that or you’ve got it going through some phat Ensemble FX. :)

        --
        _b.
        http://www.pleasantstitch.net

        END OF LINE...

        On 2/3/01 9:38 PM, "jbrave@..." <jbrave@...> wrote:

        I've got a new song that features my Yamaha FS1R on the lead and my
        Waldorf MicroQ on the rest. The FS1R patch is a killer
        clavinet/distortion-wah sound.

        its called "One Phat Track" and its at

        http://www.mp3.com/jbrave

        Most of my other songs have featured the following instruments:

        Yamaha DX7, DX5, and TX-416 (TX-816 with only four TF-1 modules,
        which I recently sold (boo hoo), Kawai K3, K5, K5m and K5000s)

        Probable the most DX-Heavy song is "Fever Dreams" - Its ALL Dx except
        for the drums.

        I love my FS1R - it doesn't sound any different at all from my other
        DX's when playing DX7 sounds, except for the noise.

        Joel

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
        www. .com