Re: Anyone Try Installing The PLG150-AN In Their DX200?

  • kobanogomi
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 1, 2011
      You are incorrect, Trancer.
      There is indeed a PLG slot inside a Dx200.
      The modules are physically and electrically interchangable.

      You'd probably just get weird stuff happening, though.

      The PLG boards have their own bootstrap code - they essentially are a MIDI module with audio I/O that hangs out on a card inside your other Yamaha gear.

      It wouldn't work the way you wanted it to -- but it would do Something!

      --- In YamahaDX@yahoogroups.com, Trancer M <phreaque.modi@...> wrote:

      > DX200 doesn't have any PLG slot! Perhaps you mean to recall AN patches on DX200? Also that will never work because of two different synthesis structures.
      >

      > ________________________________

    • Mr LongWind
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 1, 2011
        Oh well I think I'll keep the money spent on the card and enjoy the DX200 none the less :-) thank you all for the replies. Great to have a mailing list such as this.

        -John

        --- In YamahaDX@yahoogroups.com, "kobanogomi" <loscha@...> wrote:

        > You are incorrect, Trancer.
        > There is indeed a PLG slot inside a Dx200.
        > The modules are physically and electrically interchangable.
        >
        > You'd probably just get weird stuff happening, though.
        >
        > The PLG boards have their own bootstrap code - they essentially are a MIDI module with audio I/O that hangs out on a card inside your other Yamaha gear.
        >
        > It wouldn't work the way you wanted it to -- but it would do Something!
        >
        > --- In YamahaDX@yahoogroups.com, Trancer M <phreaque.modi@> wrote:
        > >
        > > DX200 doesn't have any PLG slot! Perhaps you mean to recall AN patches on DX200? Also that will never work because of two different synthesis structures.

      • Maia
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 1, 2011
          Perhaps the firmware does not recognize the card but if the PLG150-AN is priced cheap, I think it's worth the try. If it fails you can buy a DX AN200 without  card on ebay. I saw oneselling on ebay for less than $ 50 last month.