Re: [YamahaDX] TX802 AND FM7

  • Taranto
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1, 2002
      Doesn't the TX802 Recognize Sysex dumps?? If so, sysex dumping should be on
      FM7's Wishlist (if not already implemented), look what they did with the
      prophet 5 and pro52 ...

      Ryan Gallagher wrote:

      > I use the FM7 to preview sounds for the TX802, then I
      > load them on the tx if I like it... It works fine. I
      > wish the TX802 loaded FM7 sounds though...
      >
      > So yes the fm7 will load tx802 and dxII sounds.
      >
      > ryan
      >
      > =====
      > _-_
      > -_R_-
      > -

      Mauro Taranto
      Buenos Aires
      Argentina
      mailto:taranto@...
    • Summa
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 1, 2002
        That wouldn't work well, since the FM7 has free operator routing, 32
        waveforms and feedback for every operator. There's also filter and
        distortion operator/modul in FM7 that can be used freely between the ops,
        input and output. So it would be hard to translate the FM7 sounds back into
        a TX802, most of them wouldn't sound the same way then...

        At 06:05 01.03.02 -0300, you wrote:
        >Doesn't the TX802 Recognize Sysex dumps?? If so, sysex dumping should be on
        >FM7's Wishlist (if not already implemented), look what they did with the
        >prophet 5 and pro52 ...
        >
        >Ryan Gallagher wrote:
        >
        >> I use the FM7 to preview sounds for the TX802, then I
        >> load them on the tx if I like it... It works fine. I
        >> wish the TX802 loaded FM7 sounds though...
        >>
        >> So yes the fm7 will load tx802 and dxII sounds.
        >>
        >> ryan
        >>
        >> =====
        >> _-_
        >> -_R_-
        >> -

        >--
        >Mauro Taranto
        >Buenos Aires
        >Argentina
        >mailto:taranto@...

        +
        +
        + /\ /\
        /\ + /\/ \ / \
        +++++++/++\++/++++++\++/+++ \ /\ /\ / O
        / \/ \/ \ / \/ \ | | / | /----
        /\ / + \/ \\---/ ---- | |
        + / \ /
        + Nicknames : Summa or SumGhost
        + AIM : Flotorian
        + Born : 1967
        + Profession : Student of Computer Science
        +

        A Touch of Future - Project : http://www.mp3.com/AToF/
        Casio CZ Synth Station : http://www.mp3.com/stations/CZ/

        Boycott the Premium Artist Service!!!