Re: [YamahaDX] Dx200

  • steve-b@eatmyshorts.co.uk
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 1, 2002
      I havent noticed this bug with my dx200.

      *shrug* anyone else heard about this?

      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 1, 2002
        --- In YamahaDX@y..., steve-b@e... wrote:
        > I havent noticed this bug with my dx200.
        >
        > *shrug* anyone else heard about this?

        I read a review on Keyboard magazine and the rewier notice the bug.
        this is the link to the review.
        http://www.keyboardmag.com/demos/an200_dx200/index.shtml

        bye
        let me know. i would like to buy it!!
      • steve-b@eatmyshorts.co.uk
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 2, 2002
          dude, I owe you an apology...

          i was at work when i read the mail first time, as soon as i got home i went and tried out the pattern swapping note stealing thing...and yep it does it.

          I hadnt noticed it cause the patterns i've been playin with have no note on the first step...but i can confirm the dx200 does steal the first
          note when you change to a different pattern.

          saying that though, its still a great box, and you can play it live without havin to swap patterns pretty effectively, if you do need to swap patterns, i recommend putting lots of reverb or somethin or just not havin a note on the first step!!

          I'm sure yamaha will get this problem sorted out though..i'll give them a shout and give them some hassle and see what they say :)

          Cheers,

          Steve B

          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 5, 2002
            --- In YamahaDX@y..., steve-b@e... wrote:

            > I'm sure yamaha will get this problem sorted out though..i'll give
            them >a shout and give them some hassle and see what they say :)

            Don't hold your breath Steve. This problem was notified to Yamaha by
            multiple users since the first days of the DX200. Their standard
            answer has always been, yes its a bug, we may fix it, we may not.
            Since so much time has passed I guess they don't plan to fix it.
            Similarly they are not planning to release the DX200 editor in version
            that runs on W2K etc etc.

            After the An1X (discontinued in 18months), FS1R (discontinued in 18
            months), DX200 (broken on release) I despare of them - great RnD and a
            deathwish marketing department.

            Aidan
          • steve-b@eatmyshorts.co.uk
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 5, 2002
              the editor doesnt work under 2k?? ACK!!

              I haven't got round to installing it yet since my CD drive is hosed atm.
              I Have windows xp..anyone know if it works under this?

              Cheers,

              Steve B

              COOL: Personalise a t-shirt with your name/email/slogan
              from 9.99 pounds. CLICK HERE http://another-shop.com
            • John Athayde
              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 5, 2002
                You can use emulation mode in XP to make the software think it's whatever
                version of windows you want :) Cool function, but yet another reason I run
                mac...

                on 2/5/02 10:48 AM, steve-b@... wrote:

                > the editor doesnt work under 2k?? ACK!!
                >
                > I haven't got round to installing it yet since my CD drive is hosed atm.
                > I Have windows xp..anyone know if it works under this?
                >
                > Cheers,
                >
                > Steve B

                # John Athayde
                # bobo@...
                # http://www.meticulous.com/ (work)
                # http://www.boboroshi.com/ (play)

                "It's feigned appreciation via blatant disregard
                Make sure they catch you trying
                Careful you don't try too hard"
                - Tony Lucca "Hollywood Chain Gang"