Re: [YamahaDX] Re: Details about controlling a TX7

  • Lee Borrell
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 1, 2010
      "Happy programing y'all......" - is that what we say here instead of Merry Xmas?? Suits me!

      That PB malarkey - my brother and I were toying with the idea of creating microtonal scaling using PB offsets - not sure if that is possible. I recall one of the Yammy TX units has this built in - perhaps the 81z? Anyone know anything about this subject?

      From: charlie midi gfa <charles.copp@...>
      To: YamahaDX@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Tuesday, November 30, 2010, 8:30 PM

      the tx816 also has 64 performance memories ,

       i learnt when i wrote my software editor for the unit,
      this now explains performance bank a0-31 and bank b32-63

      thanks joe , ita wonder why something so tiny and weird has such impact.

      is a foutrh 2 tones?

       i do that sometimes to my pitch bend

      its cool if a sound allready has harmonic elements
      ,
      the best is the d110 cause you can perciseily indicate which of the op to apply the bend to ,
      therfore some will bend up 2 tones while the others don't at all ,these that don't bend continuing the harmonic waver

      speedy oscillation rise simulated/controled by the p bender

      i guess its just noise at this point!

      charles

      From: charlie midi gfa <charles.copp@...>
      To: YamahaDX@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Tuesday, November 30, 2010, 4:36 PM

      tell us what u mean , i was going to buy one
      why is not a module and only expander
      both have same abilities? no?
      dx vs tx

      what is expander to yamaha

      charles

      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 1, 2010
        --- In YamahaDX@yahoogroups.com, charlie midi gfa <charles.copp@...> wrote:

        > tell us what u mean , i was going to buy one
        > why is not a module and only expander
        > both have same abilities? no?
        > dx vs tx
        >
        > what is expander to yamaha

        I mean the fact that the TX7 has multiple function memories, including one set particularly for a connected DX7 keyboard, and the way it dumps the DX7 function setup by sysex on patch change, and the combined versus individual modes. This makes it different from a standard MIDI module where typically (in my experience) when they are connected to a MIDI controller keyboard, control only goes in one direction,

        Regards,

        Ross
      • charlie midi gfa
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 1, 2010

          it probally does as the sysex data is near identical and can be shared among the d110 d20 d10 d5
          with only a few small differences
          most of the sys ex is universal for those models
          the d110 is most advanced

          if you do check
          its in each of the partials for  "BENDER SWITCH"

          charles

          I actually did that double pitch bending thing the other night on a DX21 by accident - since it has a layer mode with two voices - which can have different bend settings.
          I realised the TX7 was an addendum to the TX7 - nevertheless I was after the extra OPs for 4op synths - and it is still editable from SYSx - giving my 4ops the DX7 sounds. The FB01 is often cheaper on ebay but of course lacks the extra ops.

          Does that bending action also apply to the D5 Charles? I have not actually checked to see.