17769Re: [YamahaDX] Re: Problem receiving banks - DX7 mk1

  • Lee
    Aug 22, 2014
      Whilst I am apt to agree with that assessment, I 'd be interested in how it is a complete reset happens from a stray midi signal.
      What sort of garbled message could even cause that?

      Sent from my iPhone

      On 22 Aug 2014, at 10:38, "Daniel Boles db0451@... [YamahaDX]" <YamahaDX@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Cheap MIDI interfaces are typically hopelessly badly designed and thus do not meet appropriate minimal standards of data transfer quality and/or timing to deal with SysEx. Especially those ones on eBay for a few £. So I would not be surprised at all if the cause is simply that the MIDI interface is inept.

      This is supported by the garbled notes and rebooting you perceived. Sounds to me like the SysEx stream was interrupted and started being interpreted as a wrong kind of data.

    • Show all 27 messages in this topic