      From: "Eb Mayat" <ebmayat@...>
      To: <YamahaDX@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Saturday, March 01, 2014 10:19 AM
      Subject: Re: [YamahaDX] Re: [Jsynthlib-devel] release 1.0 promotion (fwd)

      Martin wrote:

      I agree with Daniel that programmers should learn to care more about the
      end-users. They should distribute a proper installer so that the user only
      needs to double-click to get things running. A distributed xxxx.jar file
      doesn't work like that. But at least someone IS working on the project.

      Did you start cmd.exe (on Windows) and type "java -jar
      jsynthlib-1.0-executable.jar" on the commandline?

      What happens?

      Hello Martin

      It still would not work on an old Mac like Daniel's because the java version
      on PPC Macs is now outdated.

      $ java -jar
      /Volumes/JSynthLib/JSynthLib.app/Contents/Resources/Java/jsynthlib-1.0-executable.jar
      Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: Bad
      version number in .class file
      at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:124)

      Regards,
      Eb

      --

      MT