      From: "victor jones" <victor34@...>
      To: "YamahaDX@yahoogroups.com" <yamahadx@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Saturday, March 01, 2014 10:30 AM
      Subject: RE: [YamahaDX] TX81Z vs D-110

      i have had the steem emulator running years ago no problem but never kept it
      as i just
      tried some old atari games then deleated it.
      but now it can edit my dx100 with it it wont work very fustrating.
      i have a old roland mc50 sequencer i am going to start using i am staying
      away from pc's
      they really wind me up

      To: YamahaDX@yahoogroups.com
      From: jason_ralf808@...
      Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2014 15:20:21 +0000

      If you had a real ST all you need to do is turn it on,place a disk
      in the drive then click on the program..... and have the tightest
      midi on the planet....

      Getting Steem running though is easy there are plenty of TOS images
      on the web.

      On 01/03/2014 14:57, victor jones
      wrote:

      yeah i understand your fustration just use
      the mc303 as it is.

      that is the best way

      i just downloaded atari steem emulator and after
      installing and realising the dx editor needs to be in a
      harddrive folder this has just got too deep for me to even
      be botherd about now..

      i just cant run it and now giving up as the time it takes
      me to read up about this ''useless'' editor that i cant
      run.

      i could have created a whole tune on the mc303.

      To: YamahaDX@yahoogroups.com

      From: jason_ralf808@...

      Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2014 14:41:39 +0000

      I like using it standalone
      with it's own sequencer,I know I sound a heretic
      in this day and age not trying to control this and
      that over midi but I'll do my own thing,It makes a
      change from pissing about with Cubase/Logic on the
      ST and PC etc.

      You were right by the way the JV 1080 does have a
      nice GM set. My MC-303 does have a bent decay knob
      literally not circuit-bent, I guess from years of
      over-enthusiastic knob twiddling!

      On 01/03/2014
      13:46, charlie midi gfa wrote:

      it has two modes jason
      .. midi module mode ...i forget but i think 10

      channel

      and just regular syncable mode like you
      mentioned

      it does have an editor cause shares sysex with
      other roland devices

      hidden gem!!!

      charlie