    Mar 1, 2014
      If you had a real ST all you need to do is turn it on,place a disk in the drive then click on the program..... and have the tightest midi on the planet....
      Getting Steem running though is easy there are plenty of TOS images on the web.

      On 01/03/2014 14:57, victor jones wrote:

      yeah i understand your fustration just use the mc303 as it is.
      that is the best way
      i just downloaded atari steem emulator and after installing and realising the dx editor needs to be in a harddrive folder this has just got too deep for me to even be botherd about now..
      i just cant run it and now giving up as the time it takes me to read up about this ''useless'' editor that i cant run.
      i could have created a whole tune on the mc303.

      To: YamahaDX@yahoogroups.com
      From: jason_ralf808@...
      Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2014 14:41:39 +0000
      Subject: Re: [YamahaDX] TX81Z vs D-110

      I like using it standalone with it's own sequencer,I know I sound a heretic in this day and age not trying to control this and that over midi but I'll do my own thing,It makes a change from pissing about with Cubase/Logic on the ST and PC etc.
      You were right by the way the JV 1080 does have a nice GM set. My MC-303 does have a bent decay knob literally not circuit-bent, I guess from years of over-enthusiastic knob twiddling!

      On 01/03/2014 13:46, charlie midi gfa wrote:

      it has two modes jason .. midi module mode ...i forget but i think 10
      channel
      and just regular syncable mode like you mentioned
      it does have an editor cause shares sysex with other roland devices
      hidden gem!!!

      charlie