      From: "victor jones" <victor34@...>
      To: "YamahaDX@yahoogroups.com" <yamahadx@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Saturday, March 01, 2014 9:57 AM
      Subject: RE: [YamahaDX] TX81Z vs D-110

      yeah i understand your fustration just use the mc303 as it is.
      that is the best way
      i just downloaded atari steem emulator and after installing and realising
      the dx editor needs to be in a harddrive folder this has just got too deep
      for me to even be botherd about now..
      i just cant run it and now giving up as the time it takes me to read up
      about this ''useless'' editor that i cant run.
      i could have created a whole tune on the mc303.

      To: YamahaDX@yahoogroups.com
      From: jason_ralf808@...
      Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2014 14:41:39 +0000

      I like using it standalone with it's own sequencer,I know I sound a
      heretic in this day and age not trying to control this and that over
      midi but I'll do my own thing,It makes a change from pissing about
      with Cubase/Logic on the ST and PC etc.

      You were right by the way the JV 1080 does have a nice GM set. My
      MC-303 does have a bent decay knob literally not circuit-bent, I
      guess from years of over-enthusiastic knob twiddling!

      On 01/03/2014 13:46, charlie midi gfa
      wrote:

      it has two modes jason .. midi module mode ...i forget
      but i think 10

      channel

      and just regular syncable mode like you mentioned

      it does have an editor cause shares sysex with other
      roland devices

      hidden gem!!!

      charlie