16136Re: [YamahaDX] RE: New (to me) DX-7S

  • Martin Tarenskeen
    Oct 28, 2013
    • 1 Attachment
    • 30 KB
    On Mon, 28 Oct 2013, Martin Tarenskeen wrote:

    > On Mon, 28 Oct 2013, Daniel Forró wrote:
    > > I send in attachment files for DX7s. Later you can use any files for
    > > DX series in your DX7s.
    >
    > !!! Warning !!!:
    >
    > Always interested in new (and old) sounds I checked the files in the
    > attachment. They all have the file extension ".syx" or ".SYX" but most of
    > them (except two) are NOT SysEx data that can be handled by a universal
    > sysex dump utility like MIDI-OX! (The patchdata are in the files, but not
    > the neccesary SysEx headers and tails). It's a really bad idea to give
    > such files the extension ".syx" but unfortunately it is not strictly
    > forbidden.
    >
    > Some of them can be converted to pure SysEx by DXconvert. I can convert
    > them to pure SysEx if you want.
    >
    > Some of them I need to investigate.

    Done! :-)

    I investigated the files and had to add yet another conversion recipe to
    DXconvert (I thought I had seen them all, but new unknown file formats
    keep popping up from time to time...)

    I have converted all the files (except one useless one) to standard DX7
    compatible SysEx files. (4104 bytes, 32 patches). I'm attaching the
    result. (DX7_SYX.zip)

    --

    MT
  • Show all 20 messages in this topic