16135Re: [YamahaDX] RE: New (to me) DX-7S [1 Attachment]

  • Martin Tarenskeen
    Oct 28, 2013
      On Mon, 28 Oct 2013, Daniel Forró wrote:

      >   [Attachment(s) from =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Daniel_Forr=F3?= included below]
      >

      > I send in attachment files for DX7s. Later you can use any files for
      > DX series in your DX7s.

      !!! Warning !!!:

      Always interested in new (and old) sounds I checked the files in the
      attachment. They all have the file extension ".syx" or ".SYX" but most of
      them (except two) are NOT SysEx data that can be handled by a universal
      sysex dump utility like MIDI-OX! (The patchdata are in the files, but not
      the neccesary SysEx headers and tails). It's a really bad idea to give
      such files the extension ".syx" but unfortunately it is not strictly
      forbidden.

      Some of them can be converted to pure SysEx by DXconvert. I can convert
      them to pure SysEx if you want.

      Some of them I need to investigate. Probably DX7S function/performance
      data that DXconvert doesn't handle?

      Where do these files come from? What sofware was used ?

      --

      MT
    • Show all 20 messages in this topic