Re: [YaesuDMR] Re: Yaesu FTM400DR Manual

  • Ted M
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 13, 2012
      Hi and thanks.

      I was looking on the FCC site without much luck.

      Best Regards
      Sincerely
      Ted
      KB6UDA

      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 13, 2012

        rel=nofollow ymailto="mailto:YaesuDMR%40yahoogroups.com">YaesuDMR@yahoogroups.com, "craigkv5e" <stauros@> wrote:

        > > Howdy all,
        > >
        > > The FTM400DR manual is in the files section, FCC approval is posted
        at www.fcc.gov, and nothing really new is known.

        > > In a smart move, the FTM400DR provides
        color=black>APRS as well as the dPMR digital mode so it is really an updated FTM350 from what I can tell.

        > > Same emission type as FT1D (F7W - two channels of digital
        information) with callsign fields.

        > > MicroSD card memory for storage of data (operational and internal
        settings) and the optional camera that mounts on the microphone.

        > > Big display, bluetooth, and
        style='color:black'>USB port included.

        > > Digital Menu from manual rendered below:
        > >
        > > DIGITAL
        > > 2 SQL TYPE OFF / CODE / BREAK
        > > 3 SQL CODE CODE: 001 to 126
        > > 4 PROFILE SEL DIGTAL /
        style='color:black'>APRS / GSMS
        > > 5 PROFILE &#56256;&#56994;DIGITAL&#56256;&#56995;
        PROFILE: XXXXXXXXXX
        > > 6 DISTINATION MODE CQ / CALLSIGN / GROUP
        > > 7 DISTINATION CALL 10 characters for each CALL1 to CALL8
        > > 8 POSITION
        DATAcolor=black>
        > > &#56256;&#56994;VOICE&#56256;&#56995;
        > > ON / OFF
        > > 9 POSITION
        DATAcolor=black>
        > > &#56256;&#56994;ONLY&#56256;&#56995;
        > > ON / OF
        > >

        > > Craig KV5E

      • Jason Sands
        Message 3 of 12 , Dec 13, 2012
          Looks to be a cool toy.

          Curious as to why we are discussing FDMA on a TDMA group?
        • craigkv5e
          Message 4 of 12 , Dec 13, 2012
            To this point in time, Yaesu has not exhibited a TDMA product. When the group was formed they had shown a VXD TDMA radio on their website for the US and were aligned as a subsidiary of Motorola.

            Motorola then took the LMR assets and Yaesu Musen was on its own again.

            It is being discussed here because we don't really know the totality of Yaesu's marketing intentions yet. Additionally, renaming a group and having everyone rejoin is an unnecessary annoyance in my opinion.

            YaesuDMR is about Yaesu digital radios and infrastructure and DMR was a catchy name when we knew NOTHING about the radios' protocol or access methodology.

            So we discuss Yaesu digital radios and infrastructure here.

            Craig KV5E

            --- In YaesuDMR@yahoogroups.com, Jason Sands <jhsworkcell@...> wrote:

            > Looks to be a cool toy.
            >
            > Curious as to why we are discussing FDMA on a TDMA group?

          • jhsworkcell
            Message 5 of 12 , Dec 14, 2012
              Thanks. I was curious and got the answer :)