RE: Re: [YaesuDMR] FT1DR TX MOD!!!

  • tramontano76
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 15, 2013

        I'm sorry, I thought this was a group for the Yaesu FT1DR. Before I purchased this I couldn't find a single thing about it being a mod available. I don't have an answer to the stability or how far as of yet. I just was able to test FRS frequencies and its fine.

      Will it void warranty? YES YES. It's a decision you have to make, so if you mess up, that year warranty is no good and you'd have to pay out of pocket for repairs. With that said, Stevie Wonder could modify this radio. It's that simple.

      Its a hardware mod and permanent. But in reality if you need it restored 1 small drop of solder would bring it back.

      Stephen

      --- In YaesuDMR@yahoogroups.com, <yaesudmr@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Stephen,

      What model is the radio?
      Which band are we talking?
      How far out of band can you go before the stability is questionable?
      Is it a temporary hack or permanent one?
      Will the hack void warranty?  just had to ask :)

      Paul Metzger

      On Sun, Sep 15, 2013, at 12:14 AM, stramontano@... wrote:

       For anyone out there like myself who didn't want to drop $$$ on this radio without knowing if it would be able to be modified, well I just modified mine and it TX out of band now and all seems well.

       Stephen KK4TRS

    • John Smith
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 16, 2013
        Stephen, how do we mod it?  And what transmit do you gain?

         For anyone out there like myself who didn't want to drop $$$ on this radio without knowing if it would be able to be modified, well I just modified mine and it TX out of band now and all seems well.

         Stephen KK4TRS

      • Andy
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 16, 2013
          > Stephen, how do we mod it? And what transmit do you gain?

          And who would be using Yaesu's digital protocol on those out-of-band
          frequencies, anyway?

          Andy
        • Stephen Tramontano
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 16, 2013
            140- 174 and 420-470 I can say so far. I think that's it. Probably no one will be using Yaesu digital out of band.

             It's the exact same mod as the VX-8GR.

            Stephen

            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 16, 2013
              It's kind of like the FT-1DR is the same as the VX-8GR except that they added digital to it.  I don't have any complaints.