GOOD NEWS

  • Jeff Cape
    Message 1 of 18 , Jul 13, 2011
      Yadkin County Parks has a new Director. I spoke with him today and one of the first things we talked about was, "what can he do for Yadkin Disc Golf Club"??? I described to him about all the improvements the club has made over the last year and mentioned items that could need improvements. At this point I would like to make a list of things that you all would like to see done to the course and prioritize them. Then we can move forward to make Yadkin County Disc Golf Course that much better!!!

      To start the list, here are some thoughts;

      -New trash cans on # 1,5,6,8,10,14,16 and 18.
      -Erosion solution on #1
      -Aerial map of the course
      -Conversation about building a 2nd course in the "Out Back"?
      Please speak out with your thoughts NOW.

      Thanx,

      Jeff Cape
    • bporter1@triad.rr.com
      Message 2 of 18 , Jul 13, 2011
        How about signs at the tees with distances and map?
        ---- Jeff Cape <jeffrey299@...> wrote:

        > Yadkin County Parks has a new Director. I spoke with him today and one of the first things we talked about was, "what can he do for Yadkin Disc Golf Club"??? I described to him about all the improvements the club has made over the last year and mentioned items that could need improvements. At this point I would like to make a list of things that you all would like to see done to the course and prioritize them. Then we can move forward to make Yadkin County Disc Golf Course that much better!!!
        >
        > To start the list, here are some thoughts;
        >
        > -New trash cans on # 1,5,6,8,10,14,16 and 18.
        > -Erosion solution on #1
        > -Aerial map of the course
        > -Conversation about building a 2nd course in the "Out Back"?
        >
        > Please speak out with your thoughts NOW.
        >
        > Thanx,
        >
        > Jeff Cape
      • Charlie W.
        Message 3 of 18 , Jul 13, 2011
          Signs with distance, pin locations and indicators for which spot the pin is in, not at all unlike the signs at Glen C. Hilton in Hickory! If we had that, Yadkin would be viewed every bit as nice as that course is I would think!

          Message 4 of 18 , Jul 13, 2011
            I agree that we need signs For distances also. I go to church with Jason and he is very serious about making the course better.

            --- In YDGC@yahoogroups.com, Jeff Cape <jeffrey299@...> wrote:

            > Yadkin County Parks has a new Director. I spoke with him today and one of the first things we talked about was, "what can he do for Yadkin Disc Golf Club"??? I described to him about all the improvements the club has made over the last year and mentioned items that could need improvements. At this point I would like to make a list of things that you all would like to see done to the course and prioritize them. Then we can move forward to make Yadkin County Disc Golf Course that much better!!!
            >
            > To start the list, here are some thoughts;
            >
            > -New trash cans on # 1,5,6,8,10,14,16 and 18.
            > -Erosion solution on #1
            > -Aerial map of the course
            > -Conversation about building a 2nd course in the "Out Back"?
            >
            > Please speak out with your thoughts NOW.
            >
            > Thanx,
            >
            > Jeff Cape

          • Jeff Cape
            Message 5 of 18 , Jul 13, 2011
              I agree with that. I have played Hickory alot over the years, but just recently learned about those screws on the post to indicate the pin location. That is one for my list.

              Thanx,

              Jeff Cape

              Message 6 of 18 , Jul 14, 2011
                As long as we're dreaming, it would be nice if the parks department emptied the
                garbage cans regularly.

                On 7/13/11 6:08 PM, Jeff Cape wrote:
                > *Yadkin County Parks* has a new Director. I spoke with him today and one of the
                > first things we talked about was, "what can he do for Yadkin Disc Golf Club"???
                > I described to him about all the improvements the club has made over the last
                > year and mentioned items that could need improvements. At this point I would
                > like to make a list of things that _*you all*_ would like to see done to the
                > course and prioritize them. Then we can move forward to make Yadkin County Disc
                > Golf Course that much better!!!
                > To start the list, here are some thoughts;
                > -New trash cans on # 1,5,6,8,10,14,16 and 18.
                > -Erosion solution on #1
                > -Aerial map of the course
                > -Conversation about building a 2nd course in the "Out Back"?
                > Please speak out with your thoughts NOW.
                > Thanx,
                > Jeff Cape

              • CharlesH
                Message 7 of 18 , Jul 14, 2011
                  Here's something that the county could do that we may not be able to do...

                  We need some kind of fence along the road to keep the knuckle dragging half wits from parking on the fairways of 2, 3 & 4.  A wood fence the height of a guardrail would be perfect and would match the fencing around the parking lots.

                  --- In YDGC@yahoogroups.com, Jeff Cape <jeffrey299@...> wrote:

                  > Yadkin County Parks has a new Director. I spoke with him today and one of the first things we talked about was, "what can he do for Yadkin Disc Golf Club"??? I described to him about all the improvements the club has made over the last year and mentioned items that could need improvements. At this point I would like to make a list of things that you all would like to see done to the course and prioritize them. Then we can move forward to make Yadkin County Disc Golf Course that much better!!!
                  >
                  > To start the list, here are some thoughts;
                  >
                  > -New trash cans on # 1,5,6,8,10,14,16 and 18.
                  > -Erosion solution on #1
                  > -Aerial map of the course
                  > -Conversation about building a 2nd course in the "Out Back"?
                  >
                  > Please speak out with your thoughts NOW.
                  >
                  > Thanx,
                  >
                  > Jeff Cape

                • j.arnold64
                  Message 8 of 18 , Jul 14, 2011
                    Out Back.

                    --- In YDGC@yahoogroups.com, "CharlesH" <ceh2624@...> wrote:

                    > Here's something that the county could do that we may not be able to
                    > do...
                    >
                    > We need some kind of fence along the road to keep the knuckle dragging
                    > half wits from parking on the fairways of 2, 3 & 4. A wood fence the
                    > height of a guardrail would be perfect and would match the fencing
                    > around the parking lots.
                    >

                    > --- In YDGC@yahoogroups.com, Jeff Cape <jeffrey299@> wrote:
                    > >

                    > > Yadkin County Parks has a new Director. I spoke with him today and one
                    > of the first things we talked about was, "what can he do for Yadkin Disc
                    > Golf Club"??? I described to him about all the improvements the club has
                    > made over the last year and mentioned items that could need
                    > improvements. At this point I would like to make a list of things that
                    > you all would like to see done to the course and prioritize them. Then
                    > we can move forward to make Yadkin County Disc Golf Course that much
                    > better!!!
                    > >
                    > > To start the list, here are some thoughts;
                    > >
                    > > -New trash cans on # 1,5,6,8,10,14,16 and 18.
                    > > -Erosion solution on #1
                    > > -Aerial map of the course
                    > > -Conversation about building a 2nd course in the "Out Back"?
                    > >
                    > > Please speak out with your thoughts NOW.
                    > >
                    > > Thanx,
                    > >
                    > > Jeff Cape

                  • discraftclang
                    Message 9 of 18 , Jul 14, 2011
                      Pave the parking lot and a pro shop with discs,beer,carts,lessons.:)
                    • discraftclang
                      Message 10 of 18 , Jul 14, 2011
                        But really, Lots of erosion on the course.Some help with ground logs and fill dirt would be great help.Also moving the brush out of sight.
                      • Jeff Cape
                        Message 11 of 18 , Jul 14, 2011
                          DREAM NO MORE...... we will change around the location of some of the trash cans.....and they will empty them. Go Pinch Yourself!!!

                          Good Times,

                          Jeff Cape
                          As long as we're dreaming, it would be nice if the parks department emptied the
                          garbage cans regularly.

                          On 7/13/11 6:08 PM, Jeff Cape wrote: > *Yadkin County Parks* has a new Director. I spoke with him today and one of the > first things we talked about was, "what can he do for Yadkin Disc Golf Club"??? > I described to him about all the improvements the club has made over the last > year and mentioned items that could need improvements. At this point I would > like to make a list of things that _*you all*_ would like to see done to the > course and prioritize them. Then we can move forward to make Yadkin County Disc > Golf Course that much better!!! > To start the list, here are some thoughts; > -New trash cans on # 1,5,6,8,10,14,16 and 18. > -Erosion solution on #1 > -Aerial map of the course > -Conversation about building a 2nd course in the "Out Back"? > Please speak out with your thoughts NOW. > Thanx, > Jeff Cape > > ------------------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Links <*> To visit your group on the web, go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/YDGC/ <*> Your email settings: Individual Email | Traditional <*> To change settings online go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/YDGC/join (Yahoo! ID required) <*> To change settings via email: YDGC-digest@yahoogroups.com YDGC-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: YDGC-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
                        • Jeff Cape
                          Message 12 of 18 , Jul 14, 2011
                            Good idea!!! It's now on our WISH LIST.

                            Thanx,

                            Jeff Cape

                            Here's something that the county could do that we may not be able to do...

                            We need some kind of fence along the road to keep the knuckle dragging half wits from parking on the fairways of 2, 3 & 4.  A wood fence the height of a guardrail would be perfect and would match the fencing around the parking lots.

                            --- In YDGC@yahoogroups.com, Jeff Cape <jeffrey299@...> wrote:

                            > Yadkin County Parks has a new Director. I spoke with him today and one of the first things we talked about was, "what can he do for Yadkin Disc Golf Club"??? I described to him about all the improvements the club has made over the last year and mentioned items that could need improvements. At this point I would like to make a list of things that you all would like to see done to the course and prioritize them. Then we can move forward to make Yadkin County Disc Golf Course that much better!!!< br>>
                            > To start the list, here are some thoughts;
                            >
                            > -New trash cans on # 1,5,6,8,10,14,16 and 18.
                            > -Erosion solution on #1
                            > -Aerial map of the course
                            > -Conversation about building a 2nd course in the "Out Back"?
                            >
                            > Please speak out with your thoughts NOW.
                            >
                            > Thanx,
                            >
                            > Jeff Cape

                          • Jeff Cape
                            Message 13 of 18 , Jul 14, 2011
                              Stop dreaming... next you will want Santa Claus to carry your bag the month of December.

                              Good Times,

                              Jeff Cape

                              Message 14 of 18 , Jul 14, 2011
                                We did talk about the erosion on hole #1. We thought maybe a small wall coming down pass the bench to correct run off.

                                Thanx,

                                Jeff Cape

                                But really, Lots of erosion on the course.Some help with ground logs and fill dirt would be great help.Also moving the brush out of sight.

                              • ryan sprinkle
                                Message 15 of 18 , Jul 14, 2011
                                  Pin locations at the tee pad would be nice. Have A,B and C and somehow mark witch location the pin is at instead of having to walk down the hole and see where it is at.

                                  ---- Jeff Cape <jeffrey299@...> wrote:

                                  > Yadkin County Parks has a new Director. I spoke with him today and one of the first things we talked about was, "what can he do for Yadkin Disc Golf Club"??? I described to him about all the improvements the club has made over the last year and mentioned items that could need improvements. At this point I would like to make a list of things that you all would like to see done to the course and prioritize them. Then we can move forward to make Yadkin County Disc Golf Course that much better!!!
                                  >
                                  > To start the list, here are some thoughts;
                                  >
                                  > -New trash cans on # 1,5,6,8,10,14,16 and 18.
                                  > -Erosion solution on #1
                                  > -Aerial map of the course
                                  > -Conversation about building a 2nd course in the "Out Back"?
                                  >
                                  > Please speak out with your thoughts NOW.
                                  >
                                  > Thanx,
                                  >
                                  > Jeff Cape

                                • Jeff Cape
                                  Message 16 of 18 , Jul 14, 2011
                                    That's one of those at the top of the list. Like Hickory does, they show the multiple locations on the sign and have a screw below to indicated which basket is being played. Hope we can do the same.

                                    Thanx,

                                    Jeff Cape

                                    ---- Jeff Cape <jeffrey299@...> wrote:

                                    > Yadkin County Parks has a new Director. I spoke with him today and one of the first things we talked about was, "what can he do for Yadkin Disc Golf Club"??? I described to him about all the improvements the club has made over the last year and mentioned items that could need improvements. At this point I would like to make a list of things that you all would like to see done to the course and prioritize them. Then we can move forward to make Yadkin County Disc Golf Course that much better!!!
                                    >
                                    > To start the list, here are some thoughts;
                                    >
                                    > -New trash cans on # 1,5,6,8,10,14,16 and 18.
                                    > -Erosion solution on #1
                                    > -Aerial map of the course
                                    > -Conversation about building a 2nd course in the "Out Back"?
                                    >
                                    > Please speak out with your thoughts NOW.
                                    >
                                    > Thanx,
                                    >
                                    > Jeff Cape

                                  • Robert G
                                    Message 17 of 18 , Jul 15, 2011
                                      sign or no sign youll have to walk and look, unless you changed them yourself..:)

                                      ---- Jeff Cape <jeffrey299@...> wrote:

                                      > Yadkin County Parks has a new Director. I spoke with him today and one of the first things we talked about was, "what can he do for Yadkin Disc Golf Club"??? I described to him about all the improvements the club has made over the last year and mentioned items that could need improvements. At this point I would like to make a list of things that you all would like to see done to the course and prioritize them. Then we can move forward to make Yadkin County Disc Golf Course that much better!!!
                                      >
                                      > To start the list, here are some thoughts;
                                      >
                                      > -New trash cans on # 1,5,6,8,10,14,16 and 18.
                                      > -Erosion solution on #1
                                      > -Aerial map of the course
                                      > -Conversation about building a 2nd course in the "Out Back"?
                                      >
                                      > Please speak out with your thoughts NOW.
                                      >
                                      > Thanx,
                                      >
                                      > Jeff Cape

                                    • Jeff Cape
                                      Message 18 of 18 , Jul 15, 2011
                                        :-PSMILEY, Smiley, smiley... I agree with Ryan, lots of players know the coarse, but don't know the location of where the basket is, i.e. #5, 6, 7, 9, 10, 11, 12, 14 and 16. Sometimes I don't know where the basket has been moved. But if we use a simple system like Hilton Park has...BINGO. This doesn't make it worse, it just makes it easier (like walking 35 steps downhill v/s 105 steps uphill).

                                        Love ya, you da man,

                                        Jeff Cape