Re: What is it doing here?

  • jbeaul
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 18 8:21 PM
      That field has been there for your friends to be able to leave you
      voicemail in your Yahoo! by Phone service mailbox (see
      http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/phone).

      Joe

      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Guillaume" <guillaume.belfiore@g...>
      wrote:
      > If you go to your Address Book > click on Add Contact > and go to the
      > Phone section (the second one) you can read fill in a space where it
      > is written "Y! Mailbox".
      > Do you guys have any idea why we would enter there the Y! email ID of
      > the person under the Phone section?
      >
      > I'm think this might have to do with the Messenger 7 VOIP integration,
      > but then they would not have call it "mailbox" right?
      > Also considering the fact that we already have a place to enter the
      > Yahoo Messenger ID in the first section...i find it a bit weird.
      >
      > So if you can gimme your thoughts on that ....
      >
      > (OKOK i'm already thinking about a VOIP integration in Yahoo Mail -
      > God knows how! - I know, I know i should stop....)
    • S. E. Flemming
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 19 5:57 AM

        Leave off the trailing ")." and the link will work. Otherwise you get an error page.

        Sarah

        wrote:
        > If you go to your Address Book > click on Add Contact > and go to the
        > Phone section (the second one) you can read fill in a space where it
        > is written "Y! Mailbox".
        > Do you guys have any idea why we would enter there the Y! email ID of
        > the person under the Phone section?
        >
        > I'm think this might have to do with the Messenger 7 VOIP integration,
        > but then they would not have call it "mailbox" right?
        > Also considering the fact that we already have a place to enter the
        > Yahoo Messenger ID in the first section...i find it a bit weird.
        >
        > So if you can gimme your thoughts on that ....
        >
        > (OKOK i'm already thinking about a VOIP integration in Yahoo Mail -
        > God knows how! -  I know, I know i should stop....)

         Tag and Letter: Diane