Farm 523 - build 468 without IM ?

  • marciobenisti
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 8, 2007
      I´ve just noticed that farm 523 (my wife's account) is running version
      0.5.0 build 468, but the IM integration is not present.
      Does anyone know why ?
    • Frankie Luo
      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 8, 2007
        Maybe your wife switched it off when IM first ask whether want it! Check "Options".

        I´ve just noticed that farm 523 (my wife's account) is running version

        0.5.0 build 468, but the IM integration is not present.

        Does anyone know why ?

        <!--

        #ygrp-mlmsg * {line-height:1.22em;}
        #ygrp-text{
        font-family:Georgia;
        }
        #ygrp-text p{
        margin:0 0 1em 0;
        }
        #ygrp-tpmsgs{
        font-family:Arial;
        clear:both;
        }
        #ygrp-vitnav{
        padding-top:10px;
        font-family:Verdana;
        font-size:77%;
        margin:0;
        }
        #ygrp-vitnav a{
        padding:0 1px;
        }
        #ygrp-actbar{
        clear:both;
        margin:25px 0;
        white-space:nowrap;
        color:#666;
        text-align:right;
        }
        #ygrp-actbar .left{
        float:left;
        white-space:nowrap;
        }
        .bld{font-weight:bold;}
        #ygrp-grft{
        font-family:Verdana;
        font-size:77%;
        padding:15px 0;
        }
        #ygrp-ft{
        font-family:verdana;
        font-size:77%;
        border-top:1px solid #666;
        padding:5px 0;
        }
        #ygrp-mlmsg #logo{
        padding-bottom:10px;
        }

        #ygrp-vital{
        background-color:#e0ecee;
        margin-bottom:20px;
        padding:2px 0 8px 8px;
        }
        #ygrp-vital #vithd{
        font-size:77%;
        font-family:Verdana;
        font-weight:bold;
        color:#333;
        text-transform:uppercase;
        }
        #ygrp-vital ul{
        padding:0;
        margin:2px 0;
        }
        #ygrp-vital ul li{
        list-style-type:none;
        clear:both;
        border:1px solid #e0ecee;
        }
        #ygrp-vital ul li .ct{
        font-weight:bold;
        color:#ff7900;
        float:right;
        width:2em;
        text-align:right;
        padding-right:.5em;
        }
        #ygrp-vital ul li .cat{
        font-weight:bold;
        }
        #ygrp-vital a {
        text-decoration:none;
        }

        #ygrp-vital a:hover{
        text-decoration:underline;
        }

        #ygrp-sponsor #hd{
        color:#999;
        font-size:77%;
        }
        #ygrp-sponsor #ov{
        padding:6px 13px;
        background-color:#e0ecee;
        margin-bottom:20px;
        }
        #ygrp-sponsor #ov ul{
        padding:0 0 0 8px;
        margin:0;
        }
        #ygrp-sponsor #ov li{
        list-style-type:square;
        padding:6px 0;
        font-size:77%;
        }
        #ygrp-sponsor #ov li a{
        text-decoration:none;
        font-size:130%;
        }
        #ygrp-sponsor #nc {
        background-color:#eee;
        margin-bottom:20px;
        padding:0 8px;
        }
        #ygrp-sponsor .ad{
        padding:8px 0;
        }
        #ygrp-sponsor .ad #hd1{
        font-family:Arial;
        font-weight:bold;
        color:#628c2a;
        font-size:100%;
        line-height:122%;
        }
        #ygrp-sponsor .ad a{
        text-decoration:none;
        }
        #ygrp-sponsor .ad a:hover{
        text-decoration:underline;
        }
        #ygrp-sponsor .ad p{
        margin:0;
        }
        o {font-size:0;}
        .MsoNormal {
        margin:0 0 0 0;
        }
        #ygrp-text tt{
        font-size:120%;
        }
        blockquote{margin:0 0 0 4px;}
        .replbq {margin:4;}
        -->

      • Liz Yumrutepe
        Message 3 of 12 , Mar 8, 2007
          Im not sure if its been released to more farms than 318 and 308

          "Success is a journey, not a destination''
          http://www.kaplan.edu
          *-Knowledge is the key to life-*

          Message 4 of 12 , Mar 8, 2007
            If she has build 468 then she should have chat. I don't know what
            that "turn chat off" button on the first load of Y! mail beta w/ chat
            does (I was too afraid to test it), but I'd assume it just signs you
            out of chat since it is NOT in the options menu.

            Is it possible she doesn't have flash enabled/installed? I know Green
            Tea identified this as a necessary component for chat to function.

            --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Liz Yumrutepe <polishsiren@...> wrote:

            > Im not sure if its been released to more farms than 318 and 308
            >

            > "Success is a journey, not a destination''
            > http://www.kaplan.edu
            > *-Knowledge is the key to life-*

          • marciobenisti
            Message 5 of 12 , Mar 9, 2007
              That's really weird, because we are using the same computer, with
              flash enabled.
              I'm not sure, but I believe when you select to turn chat off when the
              beta asks you for the first time, it has the same effect as you
              select later to leave the chat in the IM menu: it just goes offline,
              so the IM keeps present !
              And as you mentioned, there's no item in the options menu to enable
              it.

              --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "James" <netster007@...> wrote:

              > If she has build 468 then she should have chat. I don't know what
              > that "turn chat off" button on the first load of Y! mail beta w/
              chat
              > does (I was too afraid to test it), but I'd assume it just signs you
              > out of chat since it is NOT in the options menu.
              >
              > Is it possible she doesn't have flash enabled/installed? I know
              Green
              > Tea identified this as a necessary component for chat to function.
              >

              > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Liz Yumrutepe <polishsiren@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Im not sure if its been released to more farms than 318 and 308
              > >

              > > "Success is a journey, not a destination''
              > > http://www.kaplan.edu
              > > *-Knowledge is the key to life-*

            • Sasafrass
              Message 6 of 12 , Mar 9, 2007
                That's odd.... Ryan, can you look into this?

                http://darkangelfans.proboards43.com
                IM me! Sasafrass452(Yahoo)

                marciobenisti wrote:
                > Ive just noticed that farm 523 (my wife's account) is running version
                > 0.5.0 build 468, but the IM integration is not present.
                > Does anyone know why ?
                >

                > Yahoo! Groups Links

              • Daniel Roux
                Message 7 of 12 , Mar 9, 2007
                  After your account has been enabled to use the chat feature the first time you log in a message appears asking if you would like to try the integrated chat, i guess everyone here said yes, i don't know what happens if you say no and if you can enable it afterwards.

                  Daniel Roux

                  If she has build 468 then she should have chat. I don't know what

                  that "turn chat off" button on the first load of Y! mail beta w/ chat

                  does (I was too afraid to test it), but I'd assume it just signs you

                  out of chat since it is NOT in the options menu.

                  Is it possible she doesn't have flash enabled/installed? I know Green

                  Tea identified this as a necessary component for chat to function.

                  --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups. com, Liz Yumrutepe <polishsiren@ ...> wrote:

                  > Im not sure if its been released to more farms than 318 and 308

                  > "Success is a journey, not a destination' '

                  > ============ ========= ========= ========= =

                  > http://www.kaplan edu

                  > *-Knowledge is the key to life-*

                  > ============ ========= ========= ========= ==

                  <!--

[...]

                • turner_727
                  Message 8 of 12 , Mar 9, 2007
                    I've said no in the past, and it's reenabled itself afterwords. There's a dropdown that you can use to change your status. I haven't signed into it yet, but I'm guessing you could use that to go online with.

                    Daniel Roux <xuoroux@...> wrote: After your account has been enabled to use the chat feature the first time you log in a message appears asking if you would like to try the integrated chat, i guess everyone here said yes, i don't know what happens if you say no and if you can enable it afterwards.

                    Daniel Roux

                    wrote:

                    > Im not sure if its been released to more farms than 318 and 308

                    > "Success is a journey, not a destination' '

                    > ============ ========= ========= ========= =

                    > http://www.kaplan edu

                    > *-Knowledge is the key to life-*

                    > ============ ========= ========= ========= ==

                  • Nancy J
                    Message 9 of 12 , Mar 9, 2007
                      I said no and posted an email on this site about it. I couldn't at first see that even though I'd said "no" to chat on the initial request page from Yahoo (which never appeared to me again by the way), next to the "Welcome xxxxx" to the right of the Yahoo mail logo about the drop down folder inbox, etc, is "Offline." To get on life, use that drop down menu.

                      Again, saying no initially had no effect to chatting later. Since my chat with Greentea, I've remained offline with no issues of it turning itself on either (like another user had).

                      L8!

                      Nancy J
                      Ordinaryfoolisnj@...

                      "I am not my hair. I am not this skin. I am the soul that lives within."
                      India Arie

                      "Truth is anything I agree with"
                      www.cindyalexander.com

                      http://www.myspace.com/ordinaryfoolisnj

                      wrote:

                      > Im not sure if its been released to more farms than 318 and 308

                      > "Success is a journey, not a destination' '

                      > ============ ========= ========= ========= =

                      > http://www.kaplan edu

                      > *-Knowledge is the key to life-*

                      > ============ ========= ========= ========= ==

                    • Ryan Kennedy
                      Message 10 of 12 , Mar 9, 2007
                        > I´ve just noticed that farm 523 (my wife's account) is running version
                        > 0.5.0 build 468, but the IM integration is not present.
                        > Does anyone know why ?

                        I thought I mentioned this already, but maybe not. Just having build 468 isn't enough to get IM. Your farm has to have an IM enabled build *AND* we have to enable that farm for IM. We're enabling farms slowly while we evaluate the load this is putting on the Messenger servers.

                        Mail has many times more users than Messenger does. We're trying to make sure that we don't crush Messenger under our load. Hence the reason we're enabling farms slowly right now.

                        If you'd like to get your wife on integrated IM right now, just have her send me email asking to be migrated to the early-bird farm.

                        Ryan Kennedy
                        Yahoo! Mail
                      • marciobenisti
                        Message 11 of 12 , Mar 9, 2007
                          Thanks for your help, Ryan ! I really didn't know that.

                          --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Ryan Kennedy <rckenned@...> wrote:

                          > > I´ve just noticed that farm 523 (my wife's account) is running
                          version
                          > > 0.5.0 build 468, but the IM integration is not present.
                          > > Does anyone know why ?
                          >
                          > I thought I mentioned this already, but maybe not. Just having
                          build 468 isn't enough to get IM. Your farm has to have an IM
                          enabled build *AND* we have to enable that farm for IM. We're
                          enabling farms slowly while we evaluate the load this is putting on
                          the Messenger servers.

                          > Mail has many times more users than Messenger does. We're trying
                          to make sure that we don't crush Messenger under our load. Hence the
                          reason we're enabling farms slowly right now.

                          > If you'd like to get your wife on integrated IM right now, just
                          have her send me email asking to be migrated to the early-bird farm.

                          > Ryan Kennedy
                          > Yahoo! Mail

                        • James
                          Message 12 of 12 , Mar 10, 2007
                            Oh man, now I'll have to wait even longer :(