Question about the spam filter

  • Robin Siegel
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 8, 2007
      I apologize if this question has been asked. I tried
      searching "spam" in the archive, but I got 1400 hits
      because the word appears in so many footers.

      In addition to using Yahoo Groups, I use a lot of
      Address Categories and other lists of addresses. As
      you can imagine, this has resulted in my being tagged
      a spammer for days or weeks at a time.

      Lately I've noticed that when I include my own email
      address in my TO, CC, or BCC line, my email ends up in
      my own spam folder. Does anyone know (1) why this is,
      and (2) if it indicates that my email looks like spam
      to my other recipients?

      Thanks, and I'll take my answer off the air. <g>

      Robin Siegel
      Home of Possum and the Pennyroyal Norwich Terriers
      Volunteer, Montgomery County Humane Society: http://www.mchumane.org
      Flickr page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/robinsiegel
      "There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness.'" - Dave Barry
    • Liz Yumrutepe
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 8, 2007
        Yes, I found out that it's because of the website address in your signature .... The same this happened to me and because my email address signature has a website address in your signature and your account is getting lots of emails with the same thing over and over again the spam filter thinks you are getting spammed so it will tag it to the spam folder... so to prevent that from happening delete your signature before sending

        Liz

        "Success is a journey, not a destination''
        http://www.kaplan.edu
        *-Knowledge is the key to life-*

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 8, 2007
          I've had this happen before. I've clicked 'Reply-All' and not taken my name out of the to: field, and it's shown up as spam. Interestingly enough, I send myself little notes all the time and they don't get marked as spam. And no sig for me....

          CC'ing myself on this to test.

[...]

          Yahoo! Groups Links

        • turner_727
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 8, 2007
            Nope, not this time. I don't really remember what caused it in the past however. I do know that I did not have web addresses in the message, although the people's sig may have. It's actually been a while since I've had it happen.