Re: [Y-Mail] What is it doing here?

  • S. E. Flemming
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 18, 2005
      I think you've already answered your own question. It looks like it will be the VOIP mailbox address, for those with money for VOIP, that is. The rest of us will just have to make do with wire/fibre optics to get phone messages.

      Sarah,
       PS your group has more than "guys" so perhaps you'd consider folks instead.
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 18, 2005
        That field has been there for your friends to be able to leave you
        voicemail in your Yahoo! by Phone service mailbox (see
        http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/phone).

        Joe

        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Guillaume" <guillaume.belfiore@g...>

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 19, 2005

          Leave off the trailing ")." and the link will work. Otherwise you get an error page.

          Sarah

          wrote:
          > If you go to your Address Book > click on Add Contact > and go to the
          > Phone section (the second one) you can read fill in a space where it
          > is written "Y! Mailbox".
          > Do you guys have any idea why we would enter there the Y! email ID of
          > the person under the Phone section?
          >
          > I'm think this might have to do with the Messenger 7 VOIP integration,
          > but then they would not have call it "mailbox" right?
          > Also considering the fact that we already have a place to enter the
          > Yahoo Messenger ID in the first section...i find it a bit weird.
          >
          > So if you can gimme your thoughts on that ....
          >
          > (OKOK i'm already thinking about a VOIP integration in Yahoo Mail -
          > God knows how! -  I know, I know i should stop....)

           Tag and Letter: Diane