Yahoo Mail Has a Good Thing Going

  • gk6583
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 7, 2007
      Yahoo is the only web mail service that I know of that allows one to
      change the "from" address to a different email address. This is a huge
      feature in that I guessing many yahoo users are using Yahoo Mail for
      business as well as personal use. I just thought I would send a
      positive through as I was thinking about it. [:)]

      GK

    • Mark
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 7, 2007
        This IS a great feature, but... GMail has it too!! :)

        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "gk6583" <grantkegley@...> wrote:

        > Yahoo is the only web mail service that I know of that allows one to
        > change the "from" address to a different email address. This is a huge
        > feature in that I guessing many yahoo users are using Yahoo Mail for
        > business as well as personal use. I just thought I would send a
        > positive through as I was thinking about it. [:)]
        >
        > GK

      • gk6583
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 9, 2007
          Nope... Gmail's way of doing this is all screwed up. If you try to do
          this with Gmail, your email header shows as "XXXX@... on behalf
          of XXXXX@..." to anyone reading your message with Outlook or
          Outlook express. It's not even a feature if it shows the address that
          you are trying to hide in the first place. Yahoo Mail does not do
          this - I tip my hat to Yahoo for this feature.

          GK