Re: [Y-Mail] Re: Y! mail beta requests

  • Kristie Strum
    Message 1 of 41 , Mar 5 9:28 AM
      For some of us, the integrated chat is going to be a problem when it reaches us when using Yahoo Mail at work, where often IM is disallowed. I've asked before if there would be an option to disable it entirely because if not, the IT folks where I work will probably just block us from Yahoo! Mail Beta altogether. When Gmail added integrated chat, it was set up in a way that IT could just block that from running, so I just disabled chat so I didn't have to always see the message about not connecting. I'd like to be able to do the same with Yahoo by the time chat rolls out to my farm.

      I don't want to have to go back to Classic after spending around a year getting to know Beta. I had to use it one day last week before I figured out a workaround to not being able to upgrade my Yahoo toolbar (we're not allowed to download anything where I work either), and I realized how much I like Beta.

      Thanks,
      Kristie

      Message 41 of 41 , Mar 10 7:46 PM
        I think it does the inbox always in free accounts and the current
        message folder in plus/AT&T accounts, so by my hypothesis you have a
        plus (or AT&T) account. Either way it's annoying and it would be nice
        if it just left you be (in RSS, compose tab, home tab, message tab,
        etc) as it checked mail in the background.

        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Michael Taylor-Judd <mickymse.geo@...>
        wrote:

        > I'm in IE at the moment, and it doesn't switch to my Inbox, but it
        DOES pull me out of the tab I'm reading and switch over to the message
        list (in my cae, it's a folder for all Y-Mail messages).

        > That is rather annoying...
        >
        > Peace, Love, and Mickey,
        >
        > Michael 8-)
        >
        > "My advice to you is simple. If you are dismayed by current
        policies, work to change them. Write letters, appear before
        governmental bodies, contact legislators. If you are unhappy with
        incumbent officeholders, work and vote to turn them out. Run for office."