Next

  • scientifix98
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 5, 2007
      Ok I know I asked this question before but I never got answers!Ryan do
      you know what is coming up next in Y!Mail? If so, can you give us a
      little sneak peak?
    • Ryan Kennedy
      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 5, 2007
        > Ok I know I asked this question before but I never got answers!Ryan do
        > you know what is coming up next in Y!Mail? If so, can you give us a
        > little sneak peak?

        Of course I know. ;) I can't share too much aside from what I've mentioned in the past, namely that we've really been working hard on performance. I've actually been dogfooding the next release using my work mail account and I have to say, it's impressive. I think users will be really happy with those changes.

        There are additional features coming, but I can't talk about those right now.

        Ryan Kennedy
        Yahoo! Mail
      • turner_727
        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 5, 2007
          Sure hope we see this soon....

          Ryan Kennedy <rckenned@...> wrote: > Ok I know I asked this question before but I never got answers!Ryan do
          > you know what is coming up next in Y!Mail? If so, can you give us a
          > little sneak peak?

          Of course I know. ;) I can't share too much aside from what I've mentioned in the past, namely that we've really been working hard on performance. I've actually been dogfooding the next release using my work mail account and I have to say, it's impressive. I think users will be really happy with those changes.

          There are additional features coming, but I can't talk about those right now.

          Ryan Kennedy
          Yahoo! Mail

          Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Jodi Upchurch
          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 5, 2007
            Awsome Ryan

            Sincerely,
            Jodi Upchurch

            > you know what is coming up next in Y!Mail? If so, can you give us a
            > little sneak peak?

            Of course I know. ;) I can't share too much aside from what I've mentioned in the past, namely that we've really been working hard on performance. I've actually been dogfooding the next release using my work mail account and I have to say, it's impressive. I think users will be really happy with those changes.

            There are additional features coming, but I can't talk about those right now.

            Ryan Kennedy
            Yahoo! Mail

            Yahoo! Groups Links

            Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Tim Jubinville
            Message 5 of 13 , Mar 5, 2007
              I just can't wait to see the post on that...

              Tim

              > you know what is coming up next in Y!Mail? If so, can you give us a
              > little sneak peak?

              Of course I know. ;) I can't share too much aside from what I've mentioned in the past, namely that we've really been working hard on performance. I've actually been dogfooding the next release using my work mail account and I have to say, it's impressive. I think users will be really happy with those changes.

              There are additional features coming, but I can't talk about those right now.

              Ryan Kennedy
              Yahoo! Mail

              Yahoo! Groups Links

              Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debate
              in the Yahoo! Answers Food & Drink Q&A.

            • Donna
              Message 6 of 13 , Mar 5, 2007
                Sure would be nice to be able to embed images into Yahoo mail. :) I
                would love that!!

                Donna
                ======================================
                > Of course I know. ;) I can't share too much aside from what I've
                mentioned in the past, namely that we've really been working hard on
                performance. I've actually been dogfooding the next release using my
                work mail account and I have to say, it's impressive. I think users
                will be really happy with those changes.

                > There are additional features coming, but I can't talk about those
                right now.

                > Ryan Kennedy
                > Yahoo! Mail

              • Tim Jubinville
                Message 7 of 13 , Mar 5, 2007
                  And this function exists in the old one! It is called Photomail

                  Tim

                  ============ ========= ========= ========
                  > Of course I know. ;) I can't share too much aside from what I've
                  mentioned in the past, namely that we've really been working hard on
                  performance. I've actually been dogfooding the next release using my
                  work mail account and I have to say, it's impressive. I think users
                  will be really happy with those changes.

                  > There are additional features coming, but I can't talk about those
                  right now.

                  > Ryan Kennedy
                  > Yahoo! Mail

                • James
                  Message 8 of 13 , Mar 5, 2007
                    Wuhu, I think performance/speed is a key piece to Yahoo! mail beta's
                    success. I was a little worried you'd decide it's improved enough and
                    just work on features.

                    If you're anxious for this next version, remember many of us are
                    waiting for the current version

                    --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, turner_727 <turner_727@...> wrote:

                    > Sure hope we see this soon....
                    >
                    > Ryan Kennedy <rckenned@...> wrote: > Ok I know I asked this
                    question before but I never got answers!Ryan do
                    > > you know what is coming up next in Y!Mail? If so, can you give us a
                    > > little sneak peak?
                    >
                    > Of course I know. ;) I can't share too much aside from what I've
                    mentioned in the past, namely that we've really been working hard on
                    performance. I've actually been dogfooding the next release using my
                    work mail account and I have to say, it's impressive. I think users
                    will be really happy with those changes.

                    > There are additional features coming, but I can't talk about those
                    right now.

                    > Ryan Kennedy
                    > Yahoo! Mail
                    >

                    > Yahoo! Groups Links

                  • Donna
                    Message 9 of 13 , Mar 6, 2007
                      That is not embedding an image into email. :)

                      Donna

                      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Tim Jubinville <scientifix98@...>
                      wrote:

                      > And this function exists in the old one! It is called Photomail
                      >

                      > Tim

                    • Tim Jubinville
                      Message 10 of 13 , Mar 6, 2007
                        Depends what you mean. If you mean putting images into the message that is exactly it!

                        Tim

                        wrote:

                        > And this function exists in the old one! It is called Photomail
                        >

                        > Tim

                      • too_much green_tea
                        Message 11 of 13 , Mar 6, 2007
                          I wrote a rather complex how-to for embedding images into Y-mail beta a while ago. I haven't tried it for a long time though, so it may or may not work anymore ...

                          http://answers.yahoo.com/question/?qid=20060803085053AAAQQgq

                          The process can be much simpler by creating a Firefox extension with Yahoo's Photos API, but it's catch-22 - unless the extension was released by Yahoo, or unless I wrote the extension for myself, otherwise I would have trouble trusting it to grab my username and password ... and chances are you would feel the same if the extension were created by someone else as well.

                          Come and visit my 360°
                          http://360.yahoo.com/toomuchgreentea

                          wrote:

                          > And this function exists in the old one! It is called Photomail
                          >

                          > Tim

                        • Donna
                          Message 12 of 13 , Mar 7, 2007
                            I do not use firefox. I have figured out a way to do it and that is use
                            my OE account. As long as the group accepts attachments it will work.
                            The image is in the body of the email and it is not just a thumbnail. I
                            can not see a thumbnail!!

                            I would like to include maybe a cute little smiley or even a email sig.
                            BTW I use Live Pencil not the limited Yahoo smileys. Yahoo smiley's are
                            so very TINY that I can not even make them out!!

                            I have started to use Yahoo mail more since I do not have to verify my
                            email sent out. That became a pain in the back side!!! I almost decided
                            not to pay for it again if I had to verify every cotton picken email!!!

                            I guess that web mail is limited to just attachments which can work but
                            a lot of my friends will not open attachments for fear of a virus. So I
                            really stay away from using attachments. It is really kind of pointless
                            if the person I want to see it will not open it anyway. Even if it does
                            come from me!!

                            ========
                            Donna
                            Tulsa, OK
                            ========

                            --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, too_much green_tea <toomuchgreentea@...>

                            Message 13 of 13 , Mar 7, 2007
                              I almost forgot about that. That CATCHPA email verification has
                              always been a mystery to me. It seemed to have been left behind in Y!
                              mail beta and then for a while every Email was checked. Then, none
                              checked. It seems periodic, and I'm not sure how that accomplishes
                              anything (although I'm glad when mails are not checked -as it has been
                              for a while now).