Re: Y! mail beta requests

  • James
    Message 1 of 41 , Mar 4, 2007
      Yes, I guess it wouldn't fit everyone, but that's what options are
      for. Yahoo! mail beta is constantly improving, and I think this could
      be a valuable improvement.

      I'm curious, why would you want spam and delete separated? I think
      they're similiar actions and thus fit together. I guess maybe you
      could accidentally hit the wrong one, but even if that happened
      they're fully reversible actions.

      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Bobette" <bbba80@...> wrote:

      > Oh, do I disagree with this. I will include some of the same info in
      > different emails to different people and save a draft of the email with
      > the info I want included in each. Then I don't have to retype. I can
      > open the draft and type what I need to tell each person without having
      > to retype the basic information I need to have in all. Although if we
      > could set the options to save or delete after sending it would be up to
      > each person to chose the way most convenient for them. As it is is fine
      > with me. I like beta more and more every day. It's so easy and faster.
      > I just would like the spam and delete separated. That's my only
      > complaint.
      >
      > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, James <netster007@> wrote:
      > > *Right now, I'm writing a fairly long message so I'm saving a draft.
      > Yahoo! mail beta does very easily, as I can at any time save and I am
      > not taken to a different page, but left to write my message. The one
      > problem is, once I send this I will no longer want the draft as I will
      > have an up to date copy in my "sent" folder. After I send I must go to
      > the drafts folder and delete the draft whenever I save drafts. What
      > would easily simplify the process would be if Y! mail beta gave a link
      > on the "Message Sent" tab to delete message draft if you have save sent
      > mail turned on. It could also be set to automatically delete drafts on
      > message send. I would save drafts far more if there wasn't the hassle
      > of finding them and getting rid of them.

    • James
      Message 41 of 41 , Mar 10, 2007
        I think it does the inbox always in free accounts and the current
        message folder in plus/AT&T accounts, so by my hypothesis you have a
        plus (or AT&T) account. Either way it's annoying and it would be nice
        if it just left you be (in RSS, compose tab, home tab, message tab,
        etc) as it checked mail in the background.

        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Michael Taylor-Judd <mickymse.geo@...>
        wrote:

        > I'm in IE at the moment, and it doesn't switch to my Inbox, but it
        DOES pull me out of the tab I'm reading and switch over to the message
        list (in my cae, it's a folder for all Y-Mail messages).

        > That is rather annoying...
        >
        > Peace, Love, and Mickey,
        >
        > Michael 8-)
        >
        > "My advice to you is simple. If you are dismayed by current
        policies, work to change them. Write letters, appear before
        governmental bodies, contact legislators. If you are unhappy with
        incumbent officeholders, work and vote to turn them out. Run for office."