Re: [Y-Mail] Attachments

  • Lisa Harrigan
    Message 1 of 44 , Mar 3, 2007
      In our house we call it a Bleeding Edge Virus Protection. Since most
      viruses do arrive as attachments, and it does take some time for the
      virus software company to recognize there is a virus and build a
      protection for it, so even Virus Protection Software isn't useful when
      these things first come out. So our downloaded e-mail readers don't open
      attachments automatically and are quarantine it all until I accept and
      store an attachment somewhere else.

      Luckily, I don't get many of those in the Yahoo e-mail addresses, still
      it can be a problem if a virus gets open before one notices.

      Thanks for understanding.

      Ryan Kennedy wrote:

      > > When I block the attachment, I can see that its there, but it doesn't
      > > load. If I determine its legit, I can turn off the block and load the
      > > attachment then turn the security block back on afterwards.
      >
      > Oh, I see. You want to block display of the attachments. I thought you
      > were saying you wanted to block delivery of messages with attachments.
      > I understand now. You want something like image blocking but for
      > attachments. Makes sense.

    • Henrique Junior
      Message 44 of 44 , Dec 14, 2012
        Please, send some feedback to Yahoo requesting this feature as soon as possible: http://feedback.help.yahoo.com/feedback.php?.src=MFYMAIL&bid=&isFresh=1