Automatically Add Contacts

  • Todd Richardson
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 1 3:09 PM
      I allow beta to automatically add new contacts that I send email. 99%
      of the time this is cool. But every now and then, I send an email
      like the one I just sent to a business that I will never interact with
      again. It appears my option is to
      a) leave the first/last name blank, which adds a nameless contact
      b) Give this business a first or last name and actually add a contact
      I will never use again, or
      c) Uncheck the "never add contacts automatically" again and do it by
      hand, basically lose 99% good for 1% bad.

      How am I supposed to use this feature, or can we get a button that
      allows us to say "don't add this contact"?
    • turner_727
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 1 9:26 PM
        Well, if it's only every so often you don't want to keep a contact, why not just give the name 'Delete' and then periodically go through your contacts list and delete the ones that say 'delete'?

        I allow beta to automatically add new contacts that I send email. 99%
        of the time this is cool. But every now and then, I send an email
        like the one I just sent to a business that I will never interact with
        again. It appears my option is to
        a) leave the first/last name blank, which adds a nameless contact
        b) Give this business a first or last name and actually add a contact
        I will never use again, or
        c) Uncheck the "never add contacts automatically" again and do it by
        hand, basically lose 99% good for 1% bad.

        How am I supposed to use this feature, or can we get a button that
        allows us to say "don't add this contact"?

        Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Todd Richardson
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 2 6:01 AM
          Actually, that's a pretty cool idea to give me a workaraund - thanks.

          However - I'm not letting Yahoo off the hook. I still don't want to
          have to go do this cleanup - even though this idea makes it a heck
          of alot easier.

          --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, turner_727 <turner_727@...> wrote:

          > Well, if it's only every so often you don't want to keep a
          contact, why not just give the name 'Delete' and then periodically
          go through your contacts list and delete the ones that say 'delete'?

        • Liz Yumrutepe
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 2 8:43 AM
            I have mine set up so that I choose whether to add the contact to my address book or not, you can uncheck the box so it won't be auto added, or it may be in your mail options to disable it, I dont remember, it has been a while. I had to stop it because the way our contact list is set up its cumbersome to clean it, unless I switch back to classic and clean through it, it's quicker that way.

            "Success is a journey, not a destination''
            http://www.kaplan.edu
            *-Knowledge is the key to life-*

            Well, if it's only every so often you don't want to keep a contact, why not just give the name 'Delete' and then periodically go through your contacts list and delete the ones that say 'delete'?

            I allow beta to automatically add new contacts that I send email. 99%
            of the time this is cool. But every now and then, I send an email
            like the one I just sent to a business that I will never interact with
            again. It appears my option is to
            a) leave the first/last name blank, which adds a nameless contact
            b) Give this business a first or last name and actually add a contact
            I will never use again, or
            c) Uncheck the "never add contacts automatically" again and do it by
            hand, basically lose 99% good for 1% bad.

            How am I supposed to use this feature, or can we get a button that
            allows us to say "don't add this contact"?

            Yahoo! Groups Links

            Try the Yahoo! Mail Beta.
            http://advision. webevents. yahoo.com/ mailbeta/ newmail_tools. html

          • turner_727
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 2 9:23 AM
              I'm glad the idea has possibilities for you.

              But honesltly, I'm not sure what Yahoo could do. Other than having a box that says "Do not add this contact". That actually might work out too.

              --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, turner_727 wrote:

              > Well, if it's only every so often you don't want to keep a
              contact, why not just give the name 'Delete' and then periodically
              go through your contacts list and delete the ones that say 'delete'?

              Yahoo! Groups Links

            • Ryan Kennedy
              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 5 8:44 AM
                > I have mine set up so that I choose whether to
                > add the contact to my address book or not, you
                > can uncheck the box so it won't be auto added

                This is how I set mine up as well. After I'm done sending a message, the confirmation page contains a list of recipients broken down by who is and who isn't in my addressbook. For those not in my addressbook, I have the option of checking a box to add them to my addressbook. I like this behavior more than the "always add them to my addressbook" behavior, personally.

                Ryan Kennedy
                Yahoo! Mail