Re: [Y-Mail] Re: Spam increasing

  • Sasafrass
    Message 1 of 15 , Feb 5, 2007
      Yes, there are 3 :) Ryan, Michelle, & Anirban.

      http://darkangelfans.proboards43.com
      IM me! Sasafrass452(Yahoo)

      Gordon Stewart wrote:
      > Is there a Yahoo staff member on here ?
      > A few months ago, I sent a solution to Spam - to another group..
      >
      > Basically, if its implemented by 20 (or more) "big" ISPs around the
      > world - then spam will drop by 95% or more......
      >
      > Although, Im not an I.T, person (in charge of email servers) - so if I
      > implement it, it wont affect much....

    • Donna
      Message 2 of 15 , Feb 5, 2007
        I too have a hotmail/MSN email. I think that most hotmail and MSN
        accounts (I have both.) allow Spam but they do send it to your junk
        folder if you do not have the address in your address book. I have
        mine set up that way.

        MSN believes in free speech and anything is fair game. I saw that
        some where I do not remember where.

        Now as far as the account getting out any web based email can be
        hacked into and that is how your email account gets out. There are
        some really good (and evil) hackers out there. Sometimes it just
        happens. There people will start typing anything with the base user
        name such as okiebelle. If one gets through then they keep that email
        to share and use it again. I know because I had gotten one with many
        varity's of okiebelle.

        I have just learned to deal with it for if you have an email - spam
        is a part of it.

        Donna

        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Brent <flapdoodle@...> wrote:

        > I set up a hotmail account so I could look at the features. I have
        not used
        > it for anything. It has spam in it so someone got the address some
        way. I
        > set up a second gmail account that I have not used but it is full
        of spam. I
        > do not know how spamers find these accounts but they do.
        >
        > Brent

      • too_much green_tea
        Message 3 of 15 , Feb 5, 2007
          --- Sasafrass <sasafrass452@...> wrote:

          > Yes, there are 3 :) Ryan, Michelle, & Anirban.

          ... who (Or "whom"? Hmmm ... a little help?) have made
          their presence known :)

          http://new.mail.yahoo.com