Re: [Y-Mail] Re: Getting logged out if I do anything

  • Jason Gische
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 2, 2007
      Firefox on Windows XP.
      No new firewall or privacy thingies.
      I accept cookies and remember pswds.

      I have restarted firefox several times already, and done it via the task manager.

      Like I said, this has happened to me multiple times before. It eventually went away the other times. Am I really the only person that experiences this?

      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 2, 2007
        I don't know whether you're the only one, but you are definitely the first one I know. :(

        I think O. is on the right track, but I'd push it a little further. Do you recall any changes (either by you/extension update/OS update/installations ... etc.) prior to this problem? I wish I can be less vague, but there's really not enough to even start speculating.

        All is "well" if it were a farm/yahoo issue. But if it's not ...

        What extensions do you have? Any of them messes with cookies/http requests? How often are the passwords changed? Do these "log out" happen more after you change your passwords? Does it happen to both the Classic and Beta interface? What kind of connections are you using to check your webmail? Direct, or proxy?

        Come and visit my 360°
        http://360.yahoo.com/toomuchgreentea

        I have restarted firefox several times already, and done it via the task manager.

        Like I said, this has happened to me multiple times before. It eventually went away the other times. Am I really the only person that experiences this?

        Sounds to me like something is wrong with your cookies.

        What OS/browser are you using? Any new firewall or privacy thingies?

        What are your browser's privacy/cookie settings?

        Definitely try restarting your browser if you haven't done so already.
        Make sure it is really shut down in Task Manager.

        O.

        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups. com, Jason Gische <jgische@... > wrote:

        > This problem seems to recur every once in a while for me, and it's
        back now. I'm on f537.

        > Every time I change mail folders, I get logged out.
        > Every time I try to compose a message, I get logged out.
        > Every time I hit "send" after composing a message, I get logged out.
        >
        > My skills at typing my password have certainly improved, but this is
        really frustrating.

        > Any ideas?
        >
        > ------
        > Jason Gische
        > jgische@...

        The fish are biting.
      • Jason Gische
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 2, 2007
          I really don't think I have made any changes at all to my system, so I don't know what caused it.

          OTOH, I performed a "Clear Private Data" on everything but cookies & passwords, and now the problem seems to be gone. So using yahoo mail is no longer a painful experience. Whew.

          I'll try this right off the bat if I experience it again.

          Thanks for the help, folks.

          ------
          Jason Gische
          gische@...

          I have restarted firefox several times already, and done it via the task manager.

          Like I said, this has happened to me multiple times before. It eventually went away the other times. Am I really the only person that experiences this?

          Sounds to me like something is wrong with your cookies.

          What OS/browser are you using? Any new firewall or privacy thingies?

          What are your browser's privacy/cookie settings?

          Definitely try restarting your browser if you haven't done so already.
          Make sure it is really shut down in Task Manager.

          O.

          --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups. com, Jason Gische <jgische@... > wrote:

          > This problem seems to recur every once in a while for me, and it's
          back now. I'm on f537.

          > Every time I change mail folders, I get logged out.
          > Every time I try to compose a message, I get logged out.
          > Every time I hit "send" after composing a message, I get logged out.
          >
          > My skills at typing my password have certainly improved, but this is
          really frustrating.

          > Any ideas?
          >
          > ------
          > Jason Gische
          > jgische@...

          The fish are biting.
          http://searchmarket ing.yahoo. com/arp/sponsore dsearch_v2. php
        • too_much green_tea
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 2, 2007
            It's always good to see happy endings ;)

            Come and visit my 360°
            http://360.yahoo.com/toomuchgreentea

            I have restarted firefox several times already, and done it via the task manager.

            Like I said, this has happened to me multiple times before. It eventually went away the other times. Am I really the only person that experiences this?

            Sounds to me like something is wrong with your cookies.

            What OS/browser are you using? Any new firewall or privacy thingies?

            What are your browser's privacy/cookie settings?

            Definitely try restarting your browser if you haven't done so already.
            Make sure it is really shut down in Task Manager.

            O.

            --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups. com, Jason Gische <jgische@... > wrote:

            > This problem seems to recur every once in a while for me, and it's
            back now. I'm on f537.

            > Every time I change mail folders, I get logged out.
            > Every time I try to compose a message, I get logged out.
            > Every time I hit "send" after composing a message, I get logged out.
            >
            > My skills at typing my password have certainly improved, but this is
            really frustrating.

            > Any ideas?
            >
            > ------
            > Jason Gische